DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I heard something about Rich Swann Biff Busick and Sarah Stock have all signed WWE contracts

Stock is going to be a trainer at the Performance Center, per Meltzer.

I guess Chucky T's signing explains his "retirement".

Hope that turns out to be true about Chuck Taylor.  I had a few classes with him at Murray State.

Didn't even realize he was a wrestler for the longest because I wasn't following the indys at that time.  He did show up pretty beat up to class on a semi-regular basis, but I never put two and two together.  A very cool professor took us all out for some drinks and I made some wrestling joke.  He was all "I wrestle out east sometimes.  I have an awful ring name."

• Like 1

Jeez. a 3 hour podcast?!

Christ, I brought mine down from an hour to 30 minutes and it still feels too long. Three hours is a long time to fill and stay compelling...AMI WWE CREATIVE?!?!

#blamekevindunn

I've listened to KrisZ's podcast so I can vouch..  the 3-hour running time is fine.  He tells a lot of cool stories from 80's Crockett. I've heard some of them but he goes in depth and usually the guys he has on know their shit too. I listen to them in the car.

I also listen to anything with Will and Johnny.  I die laughing at least once a pod.

• Like 1

I wish there was more online about the November 1957 MSG riot. A few classics posts, etc. but not a whole lot.

I used to work with this guy who went to MSG shows in the 60's and 70's.  The stories he would tell me.  It sounded like strsaight up gang wars in the Garden.  every ethnicity had a star they supported and the heels at the time would race bait the crowd something fierce.  I need to email him.  Maybe he can write me back a good story.  

I wish I could have gone to a show at the old Garden. My Aunt Elizabeth who just passed away, her mother apparently was really into wrestling in her later years in the 50's and 60's. I think someone said she used to get good seats and probably was one of those old ladies who would hit the heel with her purse that had a brick in it while they were walking to the ring.

Ah it's a shame there's few guys who can get that kind of hate from a crowd these days.

But yeah I can imagine it didn't take much to rile up an MSG crowd back then especially when Bruno was champion in the 60's. Had Piper been born a couple decades earlier, he would have been shot at for calling Bruno a dirty wop at the Garden....especially with the mob guys that went to shows.