DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Listening to so many wrestler podcasts, the amount of wrestlers with the "so and so called me and a I hung up because I thought it was a RIB!" story seems a little fishy...

You know George Foreman got the Foreman Grill bcause Hulk Hogan wasn't home to answer his phone at the time.

I think I'm gonna try making those egg muffins tomorrow or Thursday. But man watching it once again reinforces my point that it's criminal they do nothing with her. Yeah yeah she's in NXT as a gate keeper to the title, but this whole revolution thing would have never happened if she didn't have that match with Paige.

Listening to so many wrestler podcasts, the amount of wrestlers with the "so and so called me and a I hung up because I thought it was a RIB!" story seems a little fishy...

You know George Foreman got the Foreman Grill bcause Hulk Hogan wasn't home to answer his phone at the time.

I thought he just straight up turned it down in order to do PASTAMANIA instead?

"I was so dumb, I didn't know it was a work until my first match!  I was hitting the guy for real!"  -every wrestler who started in the 70s.

"I was so dumb, I didn't know it was a work until my first match!  I was hitting the guy for real!"  -every wrestler who started in the 70s.

Here's one I've heard a lot from guys in the 60's/70's.

"I worked a shot or two in such and such territory and this one guy was showing us how much he made by being in the territory full-time. Well I got there and (insert promoter here) screwed me and the pay-offs sucked!" Makes me think that promoters would get a trusted guy to exaggerate their payoffs in order to entice other talent to come there and work.

Hogan was busy teaching Jason Newsted all Cliff Burton's bass parts since he was too injured from slamming the 10,000 lb. Andre from Michigan into the Pacific Ocean to continue touring with Metallica.

You should put that on your business cards.

"Less shitty than Michael Cole"

Speaking of Michael Cole apparently he has lost about 65 pounds and looks jacked.  he must be stolen the stuff that Hornswoggle was tested for.   :o

Apparently someone did or did not look at the photo thread

Hogan was busy teaching Jason Newsted all Cliff Burton's bass parts since he was too injured from slamming the 10,000 lb. Andre from Michigan into the Pacific Ocean to continue touring with Metallica.

This was during the period where Hogan was flying between Japan and the US so fast that he was actually adding an 8th day to his week.  He even named the day DecaDay after his favorite steroid.  

• Like 1

Moving on.... apparently Kid Kash is doing a Jerry Lynn-like retirement tour starting this weekend.   His opponent Saturday night (in Kingsport, TN) is none other than EZ Money, who I'm pretty sure hasn't wrestled in many moons.

Actually he's been a semi-regular for that promotion. I know he's wrestled a few times since the big May show (I was at that one which had a great AJ Styles vs Chase Owens match)