DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Hey, Big Show gets a reaction!

Granted, the reaction is usually chants of "Please retire!" but still...

Big Show thinks go away heat is still heat, and he's doing a great job. It helps him sleep at night, even with the nightmarish sounds of the world's largest sleep apnea mask.

Why the fuck are people so insistant that someone like Austin, that hasn't worked a match in over a decade, with totally fucked knees, back, and neck, get into the ring with Brock?  Are we at the point where we want the nostaliga so bad that someone's gonna have to die before we knock it the fuck off with guys that should retire and can't bump anymore getting into matches where they bump?

I'm with you.  All Austin has to do at WM next year is have his theme play, come out, stunner someone, celebrate, leave.  And he would get just as much of a crowd reaction all with 0% chance of paralysis.

I think you could get the same out of Undertaker. Have Bo Dallas talk mad shit for two months before mania and duck UT at all costs. Mania match consists of awesome entrance and a two minute squash. Its no 4 9/10's * finisher kickout classic but I think everyone would enjoy it and old people would still be alive.

• Like 1

Why do people think Austin is going to wrestle again? He hasn't had a match since 2003, is over 50, and his knees and back are shot. Even if he did, why does anyone think he might be able to pull off something decent? I get wanting to see him again for nostalgia purposes and an "official" sendoff, but there's no way the end result will be a good idea. Bringing him in as a guest ref or someone's corner man who ends up giving someone a stunner at some point would be great, him actually trying to have a match, even if it's some sort of ultra-protective brawl or tag match, would not be .

At least he's bright enough and working enough to ensure that he doesn't come back to put HHH over. That would be soul crushing.

• Like 1

I wish I could find the clip, but on the Stone Cold season of Tough Enough, one of the episodes starts off with him getting in the ring and he does a couple of hard back bumps on the mat. He than locks up with I want to say Andy (the guy who won) and takes a couple more bumps and he makes a note that those were the first ones he had done in seven years. I remember back then people being like "SEE, AUSTIN CAN BUMP STILL...HE'S COMING BACK".

He's said plenty of times if he really wanted (meaning a dump truck full of money being involved), he could get a good year or so out of himself wrestling. He just needs like four months to prepare before hand. The problem is between him doing movies and his tv shows, he doesn't have that four months. If Austin ever came back for a big match, it would be No Holds Barred or a Cage match or something where it was all brawling then KICK WHAM STUNNER...BEERS.

I think another problem with running Austin/Brock is that Brock needs to go over the part-timer at Mania but the crowd is going to want the kick wham stunner beers ending. Austin wrestling at Mania would be awesome and I think of the possible returning guys/part timers he would be the one who could do the best with Brock but I don't know how you book the ending, Brock is a killing machine, part-timers shouldn't be going over him unless its shady like at Summersl....oh wait Taker tapped out and then nothing else happened nope not at all.

Austin/Sting could be a good go, if Sting can wrestle again. keep it short and brawly and end it with the stunner (WWE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WCW EVERYONE!!!1! Sting got buried cause Vince). That plus HHH/Rock part 241523 to end it once and for all (but probably not really), and I guess Brock/Reigns, Taker/Cena, New Day/Team Hell No (I'm pushing this idea until it happens), Sasha/someone, Wyatt/FaceRusev, and the MITB match would be a nice card.

I know we're talking realistically here about what Vince might do, but I don't want to see any of those guys at WrestleMania unless it's in the role that Hogan, Austin, and Rock were in at WM 30. 

I want new stars there. Cena and Lesnar are fine, but they should be putting over Big E and Reigns respectively as the next two big stars. Otherwise, I'm pretty much sick of seeing any of the Monday Night Wars era guys being trotted out for programs. I'm way over it. 

Besides the Conner's Cure stuff, is there any successes within the WWE that are directly attributed to Stephanie?

Surrounding herself with a nurturing bubble of boogeymen (Vince, HHH, Dunn, etc.), thus making no one ever be able to truly know what she did or didn't do (anything positive can be attributed to Stephanie, and anything negative can be properly blamed on one of those chosen boogeymen and get Stephanie cleared of any concern)?

FYI - for those who were interested after last week's episode - the new Table For 3 debuted last night with Madusa, Molly Holly and Ivory

But also - there appears to be a "Brass Ring" themed one (their description) which is Owens, Cesaro and I believe Ambrose coming soon

• Like 1

The color scheme is a lot more bland compared to what it was, but it's categorized nicely.  Like being able to see news from only WWE or Japan compared having to comb through lots of articles to pull up what I wanted to see.  But all in all I like it.

FYI - for those who were interested after last week's episode - the new Table For 3 debuted last night with Madusa, Molly Holly and Ivory

But also - there appears to be a "Brass Ring" themed one (their description) which is Owens, Cesaro and I believe Ambrose coming soon

I watched this last night and absolutely loved it. Madusa was surprisingly candid about the women's title incident on Nitro. Molly seems like just the sweetest woman ever (as she was when I met her in 2001) and Ivory seems like she'd be fun to have a bunch of drinks with. Really loved her opinion on the word Diva, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't watched yet. I haven't watched the Piper/Gene/Orndorff one yet cause I thought it would be too sad but the New Day one was fantastic too. This is probably the only original Network show I've enjoyed this much so far