DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

www.thehistoryofwwe.com 

perchance?

History of WWE.com is probably the best bet.  They have results archives going back to at least the 80's (probably earlier), are very complete, and organize results both by event type (PPV, tv show, house show), or by year.  They'll have complete results in chronological order.

www.obsessedwithwrestling.com also used to have WWE results in chronological order, but I haven't visited that site in years.

Thanks, that's the kinda thing I was looking for and thanks also to everyone else for posting links too. Just remembered http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/too which has tons of results on it. 

If Kofi were elevated to a main event singles run, most of the people here would be complaining about his weak-ass looking offense. He's fine in the midcard, but he would be quickly exposed if they tried pushing him farther than that.

Weak offense isn't a big deal if your character is "heel who thinks he's a lot better than he is because all his matches are basically 3 on 1." And I'd be willing to bet reactions to New Day in the main event scene, however briefly, would be way more positive (so to speak) than the current Rollins/Sting angle with fucking Sheamus lurking in the background.

We'll never get what we want. Because the assholes in charge don't want us to want what we want ... the Attitude era set that shit up under the label of "a swerve." Nowadays, who knows what to call it ... can't call it "masochism" because the people in charge of what goes out live don't think they're hurting us; it's not "sadism" - putting out shit because we will hate "Creative," because they *don't* think fans will hate it.

And the worst thing that's happened was when they listened to fans about Bryan. They listened to fans, scrapped plans that were clearly - and more importantly for some (unless they have been banned or just moved on) researchably - set in motion and were still, until the day of Mania 30, possible and well in motion. We got Mania 30, and now the idea men get to cluck their tongues and stare at us from behind poor booking and say, "You silly asses. We listened to you and look what happened. At least it wasn't as bad as 10 years ago ended up being ... so here; here's John Cena fighting a young up-and-comer everbody loves from NXT ... think *he'll* be the one Cena puts over and straps a rocket to?"

(A person at the side does a spit take:) "Dude, I think he just separated his shoulder SIGNALING TO THE CROWD BEFORE EVEN GETTING INTO THE RING!!!!"

"'He separated his shoulder signaling to the crowd before even getting into the ring.'

"Marvelous. I love it when we don't even have to do anything."

• Like 7

Long day at the mental health clinic.

ETA: I'm staff. Not a client.

ETA II: I work for the state. I just saw a connection.

I imagine working for WWE is also like working in a mental health clinic. Unfortunately, the patients with the most problems and most deep seated issues are the ones in charge.

I watched that UpUpDownDown on the youtubes. Some guys in the comments section were saying El Murpho (the guy on the left in the thumbnail) is Sascha's fiancee. Is that right?

I don't think it was ever posted here, but the Rock got some social media attention this past week after rescuing his pet puppy who sank to the bottom of his swimming pool.

Anyways, several days later, Vince McMahon responds to it with this sort-of on-topic reply.

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/641682773724516352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

@VinceMcMahon

Way to go @TheRock. Just a reminder for everyone to spay and neuter your pets.

• Like 1

Considering how many WWE Wrestlers get shit on here for having terrible offence, can we just establish who in WWE has good offence? Because I reckon if you try to compose a top five, you could already be going from 'best' to 'least bad' once you get past the first couple. Lesnar #1, obviously.

What is it that makes the offense in WWE so bad? I mean, off the top of my head I can think of:

• moves with contrived set-ups being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Ambrose's rebound clothesline, Orton's rope-hung DDT, etc.)
  • stupid-looking shit that's done solely because it's "original" (the Zig Zag, Ambrose's standing opponent elbow drop, etc.)
  • high spots being worked in as a regular part of a guy's moveset (Dean, you don't need to hit a tope suicida in every match; you neither Daniel)
  • making indie guys drop substantial portions of the moveset that got them there (does Dean Ambrose do anything that Jon Moxley did?)

So yeah Dean Ambrose is pretty much fucked...

I don't think it was ever posted here, but the Rock got some social media attention this past week after rescuing his pet puppy who sank to the bottom of his swimming pool.

Anyways, several days later, Vince McMahon responds to it with this sort-of on-topic reply.

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/641682773724516352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

@VinceMcMahon

Way to go @TheRock. Just a reminder for everyone to spay and neuter your pets.

It was totally on topic.  The dog's huge balls weighed him down and caused him to sink to the bottom.