DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm sorry if you can't understand the gulf between defending someone against a pedophilia rumor and wanting to divulge someone's personal business. If you want to know that bad, ask one of them. Otherwise I'm not going to make an enemy out of either one of those guys.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if you can't understand the gulf between defending someone against a pedophilia rumor and wanting to divulge someone's personal business. If you want to know that bad, ask one of them. Otherwise I'm not going to make an enemy out of either one of those guys.

wait what just how old was this younger sister?

I'm fairly certain that unless they could get Vince on accessory after the fact, anything else, like obstruction of justice, would be well past the timeframe he could have been charged. I'm not sure if accessory after the fact has a limitation or not.

Exactly. Here in Wisconsin, crimes like 1st degree homicide or 1st degree sexual assault have a 99 year statute of limitations. However, standard misdemeanors (like obstructing) have only a 3 year statute of limitations. Felonies have a 7 year statute of limitations. Vince won't be charged.

Are you like one of those "insiders" I've heard tell about? Do you know Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake? Do you think you could get me his autograph? Also, I've heard Paul Wight's turds are so big that that they always ruin the plumbing and so he has to sign a guarantee that he'll pay for a plumber's visit whenever he stays in a hotel on the road. Can you please confirm this?

• Like 1

I wish there was more online about the November 1957 MSG riot. A few classics posts, etc. but not a whole lot.

I used to work with this guy who went to MSG shows in the 60's and 70's.  The stories he would tell me.  It sounded like strsaight up gang wars in the Garden.  every ethnicity had a star they supported and the heels at the time would race bait the crowd something fierce.  I need to email him.  Maybe he can write me back a good story.  

• Like 1

Not to continue on those points, but related. Would two days be the quickest a wrestling discussion thread has been locked for the month?

Also...

I feel like I need to call 900-909-9900 to find out the full details of this.

They'll tell you ... just v-e-r-y ... s-l-o-w-l-y ...

Hotline: The Cin...

Homer: Cincinnati...

Hotline: Cin...

Homer: Cincinnati!

Hotline: na...

Homer: CINCINNATI!

Hotline: ti...Beng...als...

To get back to wrestling, any word if Chuck Taylor signing with WWE is true? Or did people just make that up?

I wish there was more online about the November 1957 MSG riot. A few classics posts, etc. but not a whole lot.

I used to work with this guy who went to MSG shows in the 60's and 70's.  The stories he would tell me.  It sounded like strsaight up gang wars in the Garden.  every ethnicity had a star they supported and the heels at the time would race bait the crowd something fierce.  I need to email him.  Maybe he can write me back a good story.  

If he does might want to send it to Meltzer.  I'm sure he'll love to check that out.

From gerweck.net: (for CrazyMax46)

Regarding the other indie talents expected to start with WWE soon, I was told that top stars Johnny Gargano, Drew Gulak and Chuck Taylor are about to sign deals.

That's awesome as I'm a huge Gulak and Chuckie T fan. Good for them! I just hope they sign the Swamp Monster as well.

I'm hoping for all this talk about EVOLVE guys signing Gabe's getting something out of this.  That's a lot of big stars leaving.  I know he's got plenty to work with, but that'll take quite a hit on anybody.

Speaking of EVOLVE if anybody hears Trevin Adams as an announcer the guy's an old friend of mine.  He's a tad annoying but he's a good dude.  He's been bugging me to catch that and FIP and it's been a fun watch.  FIP had Swann being awesome, Michael Tarver in a much improved role, and this guy named Maxwell Chicago who was very entertaining.  I need to see the recent EVOLVE shows to see what's going on, but hot damn is the Roku stick convenient for watching this.  I'd kill for a subscription model a la WWE Network/NJPW World.