DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

WWE has managed to make Sting look like everyone else on the roster. When he was standing on the ramp with Cena my reaction was "yawn.. Sting and Cena..."  and I grew up a huge Sting fan.  Just.. what the fuck.  Why was he even there tonight?  He didn't say anything in his promo and he didn't DO anything but stand around.  Kevin Nash could have did that. 

Sting should be showing up like twice a year around WM. 

Having Paige not win by DQ was a headscratcher but I'm just glad we have an actual number one contender again. I was kinda rooting for Becky though. And finally great to see Team Bella embrace their heelishness....this week

My fantasy booking went into overdrive.  You want to do something, have Sasha beat Paige and also beat Charlotte's time. (Not saying it should be 1:40)  Then you have various ways you can go, although I'm not suggesting a Triple Threat match at NOC.  Unless it was booked to look like Sasha was gonna lose in 1:30 because she's hurt.  And if she is, why the hell isn't it Naomi pulled out of the ring so she doesn't lose.

And this Rusev/Ziggler angle has been total dogshit whenever Ziggler's been around.  He's called the Show Off for a reason, Lana.

And if they really wanted to push this Rollins/HHH feud, why didn't Sting or Cena come out to Rollins at the end and say, "Hate to tell you this, but there never was any statue".

The crowd was shit. 

Cesar-Owens was really good, as was Show-Ryback(surprisingly so). Titus comparing Xavier's hair to Cornel West's was fantastic. Braun is an old school beastly manchild. 

They were so dead for New Day.  No cheers.  No boos.  Nothing.  That's insane.  They name-checked Thanksgiving tables, poker tables, pool tables, periodic tables, and times tables which they demonstrated with the following equations:

1X3

2X2

3X1

HOW DO YOU NOT LOSE YOUR SHIT GOR TAHT!!!  THAT WAS OFF THE TOP OF HIS HEAD!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe they are testing the waters for TV-14.  This week it's sexual assault and boy shorts.  Next week we graduate to divas through tables and G-strings.

Pigs like me will be happy. Which is what should matter to everybody.

It's never to early to talk to your young sons about how some bitchez lies and other bitchez so dum.

The more you know!

Xavier Woods rocking the Michelle Obama haircut was something else. In-this-day-and-age very few wrestlers know how to generate heat by just doing little things. Prepare for the memes, cat calls, and an eventual 'funny' chat all directed at Wood's ridiculous hair.

Sting putting over HHH was terrible.

All the Divas matches lasted under 4 minutes with Charlotte and Becky both beating ( I know- bare with me) former Divas champions in rather quick and easy fashion. I know wins and loses don't matter according to Nikki Bella and that there is a 'revolution' going on according to WWE, so because of both things I think the beat the clock challenge is the worse gimmick to run at this time.

I always cringe when Rollins talks about how he is better than HHH because its all going to lead down to one thing. HHH vs. Rollins with Rollins eating a pin and shaking hands with HHH. Stephanie McMahon coming out was just fucking awful. Jesus Christ Eating A Peanut Butter Sandwich- JUST LET THE MAN TRY AND GET OVER! WWE having this hard-on to not allow guys like Rollins to gloat and really get over as a heel is complete bullshit. Fans in 2015 SHOULD think Rollins is better than HHH. People should be saying to themselves 'Yep, Rollins is on his way to surpassing his mentor. Sure its going to take some years, but he is on the path!' and not thinking the opposite. Stephanie coming out and cutting off Rollins balls going WHO OVER exactly? Oh yeah, the part-time wrestler who wasn't even in the ring and who AT BEST has less than 10 minutes left in him.

The Dolph/Lana/Ziggler/Rusev stuff is just awful. Just flat out awful. Hearing Summer Rae go into details about Ziggler stepping out the shower made me think for a second I was listening to one woman show reading 5 Days of Summer fan-fiction. Just fucking awful and of ALL THE ANGLES WWE dropped dead the following week with little to no explanation, I hope this joins it. This whole feud is going to continue now because Dolph Ziggler doesn't lock his door. Just awful.

So Rollins barely beats Cena, then Sting takes the big one from him while he's exhausted?

I'd like to see him forfeit the US title on the PPV just to be a whiny dick.  And then lose to sting anyway.

If they have him actually fight through two matches and lose, then he's starting to look like a chastened heel in need of redemption through...oh I don't know...

A SHIELD REUNOONONN MOTHERFUCKERLS

• Like 1

WTF is going on here? How is Lana not pulling down her skirt a sign of liberation after the non-existant oppression from Rusev?  Which sticks out badly alongside the other female in this angle, who takes care to keep her skirt down even when fighting. Hot Summer is kicking Lana's ass 10 ways to Sunday in this feud. Summer is the much stronger character.

Rollins is going to job so hard at NoC.  Say no to Nazis, ya'll. And can they make him look any more like a prattling brat?  I didn't even disagree with what Cena said about the Authority realizing how easy it was to manipulate Rollins.  It's just the context in which it's being told--and by Cena.  It doesn't benefit anyone.

Cesaro/Owens was good, the Ambreigns/Wyatt saga was booked properly, New Day shines brighter than a diamond.  Everything else was boring, including that comatose crowd.  They drink Nyquil before they came on the air or something?

• Like 1

Stephanie could have just made the Sting/Rollins match for the US Title too. Which is what I originally thought was going to happen.

And if they really wanted to push this Rollins/HHH feud, why didn't Sting or Cena come out to Rollins at the end and say, "Hate to tell you this, but there never was any statue".

But the audience saw the statue. The only person that didn't was Seth Rollins. He could presumably go back and watch the archived episode from last week and see the proof that there was indeed an actual statue made.

Xavier Wood's new theme:

Tryin' to get ooooooovaaaaa.... Tryin' to get ooooooooovaaaaaa....

The beat the clock deal was stupid.  They should have set it up as BAD vs. PCB in singles matches with the fastest beat the clock time gets the shot.   The way they set it up was more or less "We know team bella is dropping all these matches".

Sting must have gotten brain damage in that mania match to be putting over how great a guy HHH is.

• Like 2

Yeah, maybe they are testing the waters for TV-14.  This week it's sexual assault and boy shorts.  Next week we graduate to divas through tables and G-strings.

Pigs like me will be happy. Which is what should matter to everybody.

It's never to early to talk to your young sons about how some bitchez lies and other bitchez so dum.

The more you know!

I would never tell a child that. Figure that out on their own soon enough.

• Like 2

Supposedly the plan for the Beat the Clock Challenge was for two members of PCB to get the same time, leading to a triple threat match. Add in the total botch (literally) of a segment from PCB and the Bellas on MizTV last week, and this so-called Revolution isn't going so well. Constant screw-ups and last minute changes to plans aren't good.

Supposedly the plan for the Beat the Clock Challenge was for two members of PCB to get the same time, leading to a triple threat match. Add in the total botch (literally) of a segment from PCB and the Bellas on MizTV last week, and this so-called Revolution isn't going so well. Constant screw-ups and last minute changes to plans aren't good.

I saw no evidence of that whatsoever. Charlotte ended her match a good minute and a half under the time to beat, and there's no way Sasha was going to lose in 1:40.

• Like 2