DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

The opening Sting promo was one of the worst of the year in terms of its message. HHH IS THE KING OF KINGS, STING IS GRATEFUL FOR HAVING HIS ASS BEATEN AND THEN HAVING HIS HAND SHAKEN, and oh yeah, the WWE Champion isn't half the man HHH is.

Dolph and Rusev had a nothing match that peaked with the post-match upskirt of Lana. Dolph took a shower and Summer invaded the room - so Dolph apparently just doesn't care about folks walking in on him showering. Divas revolution bullshit with this beat the clock challenge. It BEGAN with a 3:21 match, so this revolution is worth about 10 minutes of airtime on this 3+ long hour show. Becky won.

Braun-Dean wasn't much, while Cesaro-Owens was good, it was hurt by the commentary just not caring about it at all and not feeling special. Everything with the Dolph-Lana stuff sucked, as she's angry over him...clearly being set up by the heels and looks like an idiot. Speaking of which, Paige lost the BTC challenge when she should've won by DQ. Dudleys had a super-fun match with New Day, and then Seth was put in his place by Steph. Beyond just being completely responsible for the women's revolution, she'll be responsible for whipping him into shape. And she made Cena-Seth for the U.S. Title - so Seth, the heel, is defending his title against the odds and WWE is outright copying ROH's Jay Lethal run - well, it's a good idea, so why not.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-raw-8-31-15.html

Screens -

1a68f7433103033.jpg

Straight Outta Dudleyville

23d808433106933.jpg

1a68f7433103033.jpg

The REAL Booty Warrior Returns
c04066433109816.jpg 

NEW! DAY ROCKS!

f5e2f2433111544.jpg 

All Hail Lana

1a68f7433103033.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6rwi669cqbxmthbnsj4xp673i5tochbi

The divas stuff being so short pisess me off. The Braun booking being so old school perfect makes me very happy. The Sting promo putting Triple H over was embarrassing, and Rollins should never ever ever be given a mic. PTP were great on commentary, per usual. Dudleyz were fine, New Day was hilarious. I'm guessing now Sting wins the belt then turns around and drops it to Sheamus right after. "Seth has to wrestle two matches Sting, so to make it fair..."

• Like 1

Having Paige not win by DQ was a headscratcher but I'm just glad we have an actual number one contender again. I was kinda rooting for Becky though. And finally great to see Team Bella embrace their heelishness....this week

I agree that Lana looked like a real idiot tonight. It's a shame that Summer comes off as the more interesting and sympathetic character in all of this.

I'm legitimately worried for the company if they keep putting on shows this bad. They have a few performers that can make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but you can't expect that from everybody. Just a terrible wrestling show outside of Cesaro/Owens having a good match (in a pointless rematch with no build) and New Day being goats.

1.  Xavier Woods hair was glorious 

2.  Apparently so is Dolph Ziggler's cock according to Summer Rae.   Hopefully Dolph keeps that thing in his pants on Instagram cause we know the last time some did that and how it drove the woman crazy

3.  I have a bad feeling that the Sting vs Rollins feud is going to be like the Sting vs Triple H feud where Sting tells everybody that it has nothing to do with a freaking statue and yet Rollins spends 20 minutes a show taking about

4.  Clearly Charlotte is getting paid in hair extensions.  Seriously who the hell told he that looked good

• Like 1

Anyone know what the hell that was when Show grabbed the mic and went off on the crowd in the middle of a match?

Trying to get over the retire Big Show chant. Probably had plants in the audience trying to start it as well.

The crowd was shit. 

Cesaro-Owens was really good, as was Show-Ryback(surprisingly so). Titus comparing Xavier's hair to Cornel West's was fantastic. Braun is an old school beastly manchild. 

So, HHH is gonna cost Seth the match vs. Sting, right?