DVDVR Message Board
NikkySan

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

As originally conceived by the creators of Kinnikuman...

hqdefault.jpg

Sitting on your ass, and crushing your opponents neck on your shoulder using all their lower weight, is the correct way of doing the move. Although in the manga, and anime he would sometimes land on his knee in an Atlas pose...

81tMB+4FPZL._SX466_.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

As far as i'm aware its still considered a muscle buster. There is the suplex variation and that one. Shame that it was botched. Hope Kagetsu will be ok.

The have seven titles at the moment. Two of them are held by Utami who broke her finger in training and had to forfeit the rest of her GP matches.

I guess that's who came out beforehand to apologize for getting hurt and changing the card around.

2 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I guess that's who came out beforehand to apologize for getting hurt and changing the card around.

That would be correct. Shame you missed out on seeing her wrestle. She isn't quite the super rookie they push her as, but the potential is definitely there. Her GP matches up till then were pretty nice.

Just saw the muscle buster that was referenced. It didn’t look like a botch, and I think Kagetsu was extra selling to put over the move. This actually looked like the safe way this move is executed. With the person executing the move letting lose at the end, and the wrestler slipping out before getting crunched on the shoulder. 

Correct, if I’m wrong. Isn’t the first time she’s won a match using the Kinniku Buster?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just saw the muscle buster that was referenced. It didn’t look like a botch, and I think Kagetsu was extra selling to put over the move. This actually looked like the safe way this move is executed. With the person executing the move letting lose at the end, and the wrestler slipping out before getting crunched on the shoulder. 

Correct, if I’m wrong. Isn’t the first time she’s won a match using the Kinniku Buster?

It is. She debuted it against Kagetsu in their World Of Stardom Title match, but she had yet to put anyone away with it in her other big title matches (vs. Momo & Arisa).

I guess this was the death sell. I hope this means Kyona is getting the big push she’s deserved for some time now.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I guess this was the death sell. I hope this means Kyona is getting the big push she’s deserved for some time now.

Would be nice, but I don't see it happening though it would make sense with her having beaten the most recent red belt champions.

So Guilia from ice Ribbon jumped to Stardom. The situation looks bad since no onein IR but it's president knew she was leaving, and it sounds like she might have done so earlier than she was supposed to due to the cancelled show where she was supposed to make her announcement being rescheduled. 

Edited by Eivion