DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

• 3 weeks later...

I love Kana to death, she's not only my favorite joshi wrestler but one of my favorite wrestlers period, but I think her going to WWE has less than a chance of ever happening. I think it would end up disastrously although I can't imagine going to WWE is a goal of hers for a wide variety of reasons.

Kana is one of my favorites too, I notice I tend to enjoy just about any match she is in.  She has a lot of that in-ring charisma that you can't teach.  But I wouldn't have any faith in WWE knowing what to do with her, not the way they handle the women's division.

I'll third the love for Kana. She's not my favorite Joshi wrestler right now, that'd be Io Shirai, but Kana is definitely in my top 5, maybe even top 3. Like Kevin said, there's no denying the natural charisma she possesses, and she knows what works for her in the ring and sticks with that, although I feel that some of her offense is a bit awkward-looking and she doesn't sell all that well some of the time. I also find it a bit odd how she's constantly fighting guys, but whatever. As for WWE, her style doesn't fit in at all with what they're trying to do with the women's division. She's way too stiff, and would likely be asked to tone it down, at which point, she really wouldn't be Kana anymore. Plus, as mco said, I don't think that's a particular goal of hers anyway.

I would suggest any of the stuff she did in Osaka Pro. There are two comedy matches that you can find on YouTube - One with her, Ranmaru, and Apple Miyuki vs. Kuishinbo Kamen, Ebessan, and Kanjyuro Matsuyama and the other is Kana and Asami vs. Ranmaru and Takaku Fuke. I really enjoy both of those matches in general, but especially from a Kana perspective. I get the impression that a lot of her critics think that she's a big mark for herself, but these two matches show that she really doesn't take herself too seriously.

What do people think about Kana around here?

Do you think there is any chance she is signed by TNA / WWE ?

I will probably never love Kana due how she was 3-4 years ago (bad attitude and dangerously stiff/sloppy), but she has improved in both areas a tremendous amount the last two years and is one of the better talents in joshi puroresu when she is facing someone else with decent talent.

There isn't a chance in hell of her ever being signed by WWE. WWE wouldn't want her style, and her personality probably wouldn't allow her to join current WWE. WWE in general doesn't look at Japanese women. The first one to get a tryout out in probably ten years was Hiroyo Matsumoto a few months back. If you want to see Kana work for an American company you will have to settle for Shimmer.

So she is basically part time with SHIMMER right?

No chance of thinking HHH will change his tune with the women too? I mean look at what he has done with the NXT Women. Those girls are down there working. Maybe that is me just wishfully thinking.

There is a 0.00001% chance of Kana coming in to WWE and even that is probably way too high. As floored as I was when WWE signed Rebecca Knox, I would be a million times more shocked if they signed Kana. Everyone with SHIMMER is pretty much part time, they usually run 2 weekends a year doing 2 shows per day and a special show WM weekend. they generally hold their double shots in April and October.

• Like 1

Anyone know the story of Haruka Yoshimura?  She apparently both debuted and retired at the WNC event on 2/27/14.  She looks trained from watching the match, is she a celebrity, someone's wife... she did three months of training and decided she didn't like it but still wanted a match?  Even the Japanese wikipedia didn't help me out any.

Anyone know the story of Haruka Yoshimura?  She apparently both debuted and retired at the WNC event on 2/27/14.  She looks trained from watching the match, is she a celebrity, someone's wife... she did three months of training and decided she didn't like it but still wanted a match?  Even the Japanese wikipedia didn't help me out any.

I remember Lin Byron posting a bunch of stuff about it on her Facebook page at the time, so I assume she had a hand in her training. In one of those posts, somebody asked her why Yoshimura was retiring after her first match, and Lin said something like "That's what she decided." I think that's the best answer we're going to get unless Yoshimura herself talks about it. Anything else would be speculation, though I have a theory, myself.

What do people think about Kana around here?

Do you think there is any chance she is signed by TNA / WWE ?

TNA at best, but "best" is a very relative term here. Aside from wishing her well financially, why would anyone think about that in the first place?

• 2 weeks later...

So Shimmer just had a group of shows this past weekend. I see that 3G are still the Tag Champs, which I think is kind of odd, considering Nakagawa is retiring in December. I also saw that Kana got a shot at the title versus Cheerleader Melissa, which I have to assume was a great match.

Anybody here go to see any of this?

I'm trying to get into some Joshi and wondering any matches worth checking out from the past couple of years. I have in the past watch some stuff from Zenjo back in the 90s, but haven't seen anything current. So anything worth checking out on YouTube? I used to have ditch's links, but don't anymore. Thanks for the help.

Meiko Satomura vs. Kana 4/29/10

Yuzuki Aikawa vs. Ayumi Kurihara 5/15/11

Yuzuki Aikawa vs. Yoshiko 7/24/11

Meiko Satomura & Kagetsu vs. Nanae Takahashi & Yoshiko - 10/27/11

Ayumi Kurihara vs. Hailey Hatred 1/15/12

Natsuki*Taiyo vs. Kyoko Kimura 8/5/12

Nanae Takahashi vs. Yoshiko 8/5/12

Aja Kong & Meiko Satomura vs. Kagetsu & Yoshiko 12/15/12

Io Shirai vs. Yoshiko 6/2/13

Io Shirai vs. Kyoko Kimura 8/17/13

Kana vs. Arisa Nakajima 8/18/13

Io Shirai vs. Arisa Nakjima 12/29/13

Io Shirai vs. Natsuki*Taiyo 1/26/14

Io Shirai vs. Takumi Iroha 6/1/14

Io Shirai vs. Yoshiko 8/10/14

If you don't find them on youtube then they are likely on dailymotion. There is probably more around, but I can't recall at the moment and I don't watch everything.