DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

13 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Tomoka Inaba joined the God's Eye Unit.

Figured the next GE member would come from out of Stardom. Not sure why I didn't guess Inaba since it seemed like the New Blood stuff was building towards her appearing more if not outright joining eventually.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

Two of the women included in the IWGP Women's title tournament 

Alpha Female is a solid choice. Didn't even consider her, but she makes sense as participant being a former red belt champ and having the connection to NJPW via Chono.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

Giulia & Rina Yamashita vs Starlight Kid & Momo W. in a Hardcore Match for Showcase. 

Random but neat

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Alpha Female is a solid choice. Didn't even consider her, but she makes sense as participant being a former red belt champ and having the connection to NJPW via Chono.

She hasn't wrestled in two years either. I kind of wonder if she's just there as a credibility win for her first round opponent.

I'm notoriously bad at recognizing people in masks and haven't had a change to watch it yet, anyone smarter than me see/figure out who Dark Cheetah & Dark Tiger are in Real Japan? I still haven't figured out who the masked wrestlers in JTO were last year, if they were anyone of note (could have just been short term trainees, who knows).

I'll feel dumb if I watch it tonight and immediately recognize them, it just traditionally isn't the case with me.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm notoriously bad at recognizing people in masks and haven't had a change to watch it yet, anyone smarter than me see/figure out who Dark Cheetah & Dark Tiger are in Real Japan? I still haven't figured out who the masked wrestlers in JTO were last year, if they were anyone of note (could have just been short term trainees, who knows).

I'll feel dumb if I watch it tonight and immediately recognize them, it just traditionally isn't the case with me.

Dark Tiger is Risa Sera, and I'm 99% sure Dark Cheetah is Mochi Natsumi (fka Mochi Miyagi). Dark Panther is Suzu Suzuki.

2 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

Dark Tiger is Risa Sera, and I'm 99% sure Dark Cheetah is Mochi Natsumi (fka Mochi Miyagi). Dark Panther is Suzu Suzuki.

That makes sense. I thought Dark Tiger was Sera so the others all being part of PROMINENCE fits. What a weird little stable/promotion.

3 hours ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

She hasn't wrestled in two years either. I kind of wonder if she's just there as a credibility win for her first round opponent.

Possibly, but I'd be surprised if they wanted to bring a complete unknown to Japan for a big title tournament. 

AZM (c) vs Hazuki vs the Killer Clown from outer space is next for the the High Speed Championship.

The units C.A. and Gods Eye are both eliminated from the IWGP Women's tournament.

The other white woman known as Ava White looks like one of the Dana Brooke clones the WWE labs uses.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Possibly, but I'd be surprised if they wanted to bring a complete unknown to Japan for a big title tournament. 

That's kind of who Ava White is, right? You'd have to follow the British scene to even know who she is, and she's pretty low level even there. I'm getting Chelsea (not Green) vibes from that choice.

3 hours ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

KAYFABE!

48 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

That's kind of who Ava White is, right? You'd have to follow the British scene to even know who she is, and she's pretty low level even there. I'm getting Chelsea (not Green) vibes from that choice.

Ava White is good.  She's not Akira Hokuto or anything, but she is good.  She's also very strikingly beautfiul, for those who are into that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Ava White is good.  She's not Akira Hokuto or anything, but she is good.  She's also very strikingly beautfiul, for those who are into that.

I always thought she was a little hesitant with her stuff. A little green but nothing more reps can't fix.

The umlat is a tiara and the new logo was made to catch the interest of foreigners. And the rise of the letters for sporty feel. Honestly most companies out of wrestling also want to make their logos more simple and eligible to read.

Anyway there is a graphic list of unused logos out there.

• Like 2

I'm not one to really get concerned about wrestling promotion logos but that was certainly a choice. I don't have a major issue with it, my only critique is that it looks kinda childish/kiddy, like something for a product aimed at kids. But it does go in the direction of "simpler" which has been the trend lately in general.