Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread


NikkySan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I just watched Ryo Mizunami vs Miu Watanabe from the 7/9/2022 show.  That was fucking awesome.  Miu Watanabe is fucking awesome.  And Ryo Mizunami was such a great measuring stick to gauge Watanabe's power attack against.

While I was disappointed Willow Nightingale missed the opportunity Ryo was a damn fine replacement and they tore it up. The tease leading up to the giant swing was great.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched Maki Ito vs Alex Windsor.  Maaaan, AEW needs to bring Windsor in as Jamie Hayter's British Redneck cousin.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I watched Maki Ito vs Alex Windsor.  Maaaan, AEW needs to bring Windsor in as Jamie Hayter's British Redneck cousin.

Is there a British equivalent to a redneck?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Ice Ribbon's dojo shows are my favorite wrestling shows of the week because they're usually breezy watches for folks to get experience and ring time. Typically four matches, shows rarely hit 90 minutes, I've found it's always worth the watch.

Then there's utter gems of matches that pop up, like the one today when Kaho Matsushita wrestled YuuRI from Ganbare Pro. A six minute sprint full of energy and hard-hitting wrestling that makes me think the future of joshi is quite bright with these two in it. It's hard to believe that between the two they only have a combined 150 or so matches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what I've been thinking, that Poi is plotting long term and have COLORS turn on OG Cosmic Angels with Waka realizing she needs to be in STARS. Poi should not be trusted!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Ice Ribbon's dojo shows are my favorite wrestling shows of the week because they're usually breezy watches for folks to get experience and ring time. Typically four matches, shows rarely hit 90 minutes, I've found it's always worth the watch.

Then there's utter gems of matches that pop up, like the one today when Kaho Matsushita wrestled YuuRI from Ganbare Pro. A six minute sprint full of energy and hard-hitting wrestling that makes me think the future of joshi is quite bright with these two in it. It's hard to believe that between the two they only have a combined 150 or so matches.

Really have enjoyed YuuRI in the handful of matches I have seen. Seeing her get emotional hearing cheers and getting streamers for the first time at Ota Ward was so endearing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
8 hours ago, quackhell said:

Really have enjoyed YuuRI in the handful of matches I have seen.

She's really enjoyable. Yesterday made me want to see a match where YuuRI teams up with Ibuki Hoshi against Asahi and Kaho Matsushita. YuuRI mixes well with that group; she's already been against Asahi and Kaho with Yappy as her partner, but I think Ibuki would mesh well with her.

Really, I'm satisfied with more GanPro crossovers with Ice Ribbon. In between GanPro, COLOR'S, Pure-J, and Diana roster members making frequent appearance on Ice Ribbon shows, it's been a fun time.

Edited by Stefanie the Human
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Let me know when Tam has Nao's eating prowess. She's the Black Hole Princess for a reason.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate those bastards with super metabolisms. I love my aunt, but we have to talk a little about her every time she drops by for the holidays and packs away twice as much or more as us fat people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I hate those bastards with super metabolisms. I love my aunt, but we have to talk a little about her every time she drops by for the holidays and packs away twice as much or more as us fat people.

You probably are glad you missed her trying to eat 15 McDonald's hamburgers then. She managed to eat 13 and said Asahi could have the other two.

In all seriousness, Nao is great. She's been out for the last couple of months due to injury but she's coming back on 7/31 at Summer Jumbo Ribbon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Ibuki Hoshi beat Kaho Matsushita today to win the right to face Hikaru Shida in a singles match on 7/31. Ibuki and Shida matched up very well in a tag match (when Ibuki tagged with Tsukka and Shida with Arisa Nakajima), so I am very, very excited to see how a singles match between the two unfolds.

We're also getting two of the three members of KISSmeT Princess (Nao Ishikawa, A~min, and Misa Kagura) against Ram Kaichow and a mystery partner on that show too. Maya Yukihi mentioned being involved in a match with the CMLL visitors but the exact match hasn't been determined yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...