DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I thought Waka was fluent. She sounds better than Mina and was born in New York. Did she not spend any time growing up in the US when she was young?

I've only heard her talk on Chocopro shows. She struck me as somebody who is near fluent but has to still translate in her head from Japanese to get where she wants in English. I have no idea about her background. 

• Like 1

Stardom plans national domination, their shows will be airing on more local channels. The new year's day" 12 Hours Special "will be broadcast on TOKYO MX and YouTube from 10:00 pm on January 1.

Stardom made 200 million yen from July to Sept. Their highest profit record wise.

Edited by D.Z

Full card for 12/29 was announced. Big things are Utami/Syuri is now a double titles match and Mayu/Takumi vs. Momo/Hazuki.

Mayu/Kid vs. Tam/Saya is the Dome match. A bit of a student/mentor vibe despite all being rivals now.

And apparently Act Yasukawa kind of casually announced she would be at January's anniversary show.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Full card for 12/29 was announced. Big things are Utami/Syuri is now a double titles match and Mayu/Takumi vs. Momo/Hazuki.

Double titles?  I smell the sweet scent of BROADWAY~!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Double titles?  I smell the sweet scent of BROADWAY~!

The match is no time limit.  There must be a winner.  If anything, I think the SWA title probably gets retired for whomever wins the match.  It's a bit of a pointless title.

Edited by nofuture

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
59 minutes ago, nofuture said:

The match is no time limit.  There must be a winner.  If anything, I think the SWA title probably gets retired for whomever wins the match.  It's a bit of a pointless title.

The SWA title is supposed to be that whoever holds it, wrestlers from the same country as the champion can't challenge for it, right? That rule's kind of fallen by the wayside in the pandemic era which rendered it moot, so they might as well merge it into the red belt anyway.