DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

Hide contents

Starlight Kid proposed to Momo, a match where the loser has to join the other’s unit at Stardom Dream Queendom on Dec 29.

Spoiler

Its actually for the Osaka show on Dec 18. I think its terrible idea since I don't think joining Oedo Tai will really help Momo out much, if at all, and Kid doesn't need the loss.

Edited by Eivion

Spoiler

If Momo loses and joins O.T, it would reinvigorate her career. Heel Momo would be interesting, and would mean that QQ new leader Utami or AZM. 

If Starlight Kid loses and joins QQ, she would end up more faceish again and could play up her visual aspects. Her masked gimmick would fit in with the group too.

With Actwres girl'Z shutting down, that leaves us with 9 active Joshi groups next year.

Edited by D.Z
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

If Momo loses and joins O.T, it would reinvigorate her career. Heel Momo would be interesting, and would mean that QQ new leader Utami or AZM. 

If Starlight Kid loses and joins QQ, she would end up more faceish again and could play up her visual aspects. Her masked gimmick would fit in with the group too.

With Actwres girl'Z shutting down, that leaves us with 9 active Joshi groups next year.

Oh no!  ActWres girl'Z is closing down?

1 hour ago, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I don't think Momo joining Oedo Tai would do near as much for her as people think as joining would pretty much be a demotion. 

I don't think Kid would actually join QQ if she lost since Momo likely wouldn't want her.

A change is fine. I just think OT is the wrong way to go about it. She needs a group to call her own instead of keeping QQ alive. People really don't seem to grasp the issue is more on booking and QQ itself lacking identity.

Back to ActWres girl'Z, corona damage and deterioration of profits did them in. Few of their trained women over the years joined Stardom. Probably could pick up at least 2. 

GanJo has room, I'm not sure about TJPW because they're capped at a limit budget wise.

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Back to ActWres girl'Z, corona damage and deterioration of profits did them in. Few of their trained women over the years joined Stardom. Probably could pick up at least 2. 

GanJo has room, I'm not sure about TJPW because they're capped at a limit budget wise.

If it continues as an entertainment company, some of them could probably stay on doing idol stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I never watched AWG. Who are the ones most likely to try and stick around on the scene?

Miyuki Takase is really good though she is hurt.  Kakeru is good.  All of their space pirates should go somewhere.

• Like 2

The nine remaining Joshi promotions are:

1 Stardom

2 SEAdLINNNG

3 Sendai Girls

4. Diana

5 Pro Wrestling WAVE

6 Ganbare Pro Joshi

7. Tokyo Joshi Pro

8 Pure-J

and what am I forgetting?

EDIT:  OH! MARVELOUS!

Actually OZ, The oldest women promotion left in Japan, since 1998.

And I forgot ICE Ribbon so 10.

Ganbare, Zero 1, RJPW, AJPW are the ones when all set up will have divisions and not promotions.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

With this, Momo vs. Kid turning into QQ vs. OT, and even CA seeing a bit of drama form what I understand I wonder if we end up with some splintered factions and a new unit by the time the anniversary show comes around in January.