DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Sad to hear. Rumi was never the greatest person in a given match but gave it her all. I think her best run was in BLACK JOKER, when she embraced her inner Miki Handa (though she never reached those heights). I know after she retired she did an AV vid but didn't hear much about her after that (well, save for her FB when she would post what she was eating). 55 is too young. Both her and Harley are gone from that generation of LLPW

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Syuri winning feels like a waste to me. The rematch was already agreed upon, and it doesn't feel like she needed a tournament win with the run she is already on as one of the most protected people in Stardom. I assume she is taking the title though I'm not sure she gets a long reign. 

Mayu/Tam feels 5-6 months too late. I'm sure the match will be good, but its feels random with basically no momentum after Mayu and Tam have spent months focused completely on other people. 

Giulia getting hurt probably made them change course in a lot of their booking.  I would have figured Giulia was winning the 5 Star, setting up the big title match at the end of the year.  If she's out for an extend amount of time, I can see why they went the direction they did.  Stardom is very conservative in how they book things.  That kind applies to Mayu/Tam, where with only two weeks build to the next show, it's a match that can draw without too much need of a story.

I don't know, with how things played out I'm not sure Giulia was actually winning now. I think she was going to the finals, but that final title match of the year makes it feel like the GP winner was always the plan at this point. 

I really think the end game was Giulia/Utami for the year end show. Whether they got there with Syuri winning the GP and losing her title challenge before 12/29 or Giulia winning and waiting until 12/29. I think Syuri is a lock now to set up her as new leader of DDM until Giulia returns and building to that match.

James

Edited by J.H.

Purolove

Stardom, 02.10.2021
Nagoya International Conference Hall Event Hall

1. Waka Tsukiyama Stardom Challenge EX: AZM vs. Waka Tsukiyama
2. 3 Way Battle: Momo Watanabe vs. Lady C vs. Fukigen Death★
3. Unagi Sayaka & Mai Sakurai vs. Saki Kashima & Ruaka
4. Himeka & Natsupoi vs. Konami & Starlight Kid
5. Syuri & Maika vs. Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani
6. 09.10. Osaka-Jo Skirmish: Mayu Iwatani & Koguma vs. Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa

Stardom, 03.10.2021
Nagoya International Conference Hall Event Hall

1. 3 Way Battle: AZM vs. Mai Sakurai vs. Lady C
2. Utami Hayashishita vs. Waka Tsukiyama
3. Syuri vs. Fukigen Death★
4. Momo Watanabe & Saya Kamitani vs. Saki Kashima & Ruaka
5. Mayu Iwatani & Koguma vs. Konami & Starlight Kid
6. Artist of Stardom Title: Tam Nakano, Unagi Sayaka & Mina Shirakawa (c) vs. Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi

Stardom "10TH ANNIVERSARY GRAND FINAL OSAKA DREAM CINDERELLA 2021 ~ OSAKA MECCHA STARDOM", 09.10.2021
Osaka Castle Hall

0. Lady C & Waka Tsukiyama vs. Saki Kashima & Rina
1. Future of Stardom Title: Unagi Sayaka (c) vs. Ruaka
2. High Speed Title: Starlight Kid (c) vs. Fukigen Death★
3. Cosmic Angels vs. Marvelous: Mina Shirakawa & Mai Sakurai vs. Rin Kadokura  & Maria 
4. Donna Del Mondo vs. Queen's Quest: Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi vs. Momo Watanabe, AZM & Saya Kamitani
5. Reunion of Destiny - Hazuki Return Match: Koguma vs. Hazuki
6. 5★STAR Rematch: Syuri vs. Konami
7. Wonder of Stardom Title: Tam Nakano (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
8. World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Takumi Iroha 

The new Samurai TV show (also on BS Skappa and SportsLive+ soon) will be hosted by Razor Ramon HG and Razon Ramon RG. It sorta replaces Occupation of the Joshi series on Samurai, but is only Stardom related.

The We are STARDOM show will end up on SBS in Shizuoka and is leaving BS-NTV.

Waka is now with Cosmic Angels.

Chigusa Nagayo is doing commentary for the Osaka Jo Hall show.

28 minutes ago, J.H. said:

So am I reading too kuch into this that Kyona might be coming back but not necessarily in Japan?

James

Probably though my thoughts were wandering in a similar direction. No one in Japan would pay her as much so maybe she is heading towards somewhere over here.