DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
52 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I was saying it wasn't only looks based, and that I prefer variety. Honestly, at the beginning the recruiting was based more on getting younger women to join. The CA/Aikawa comment was just talking about something specific. It wasn't goalpost moving, and I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion unless you are looking for an excuse to.

Two points, then I'd like to move on if possible.

1) If your argument is that it wasn't only looks-based, perhaps you could have presented it earlier in the discussion? When you say "I prefer variety", I've had literally no idea what you mean, and have gleaned based off the context of your posts that you're referring to body type. If you're not, I would have been happy to discuss otherwise, such as with wrestling styles. Believe me, I'd really rather not discuss something as shallow as appearance.

2) It feels as though you're coming at this discussion as though I'm replying in bad faith, and I'd like to think I have a better reputation than that. That's why when you said I was missing something, I asked what I was missing, then went into what I saw as Stardom's recruitment. Instead of replying to that, you went after my comment about goalpost moving. Now, with this reply, you're stating that I'm looking for excuses to come to that conclusion. If all you feel I'm bringing to the conversation is bad faith arguments, then there's really no point in us having the discussion, is there?

Anyway, I hope at least we understand each other's points a little bit better. Unless you think this is also in bad faith, in which case... uh... I got nothing. ??‍♀️

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

2) It feels as though you're coming at this discussion as though I'm replying in bad faith, and I'd like to think I have a better reputation than that. That's why when you said I was missing something, I asked what I was missing, then went into what I saw as Stardom's recruitment. Instead of replying to that, you went after my comment about goalpost moving. Now, with this reply, you're stating that I'm looking for excuses to come to that conclusion. If all you feel I'm bringing to the conversation is bad faith arguments, then there's really no point in us having the discussion, is there?

Sorry, I'm not always the best at explaining myself, and honestly, half the time the people here have a tendency to reply in bad faith, intentional or otherwise. I don't find this to generally be the case with you, but someone here already did this with me earlier this week on another topic so it may have put me in a slight mood to potentially be happening again so soon.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Holy Crud! I just watched the Semis and Finals of The Princess Cup and... has there been a wrestler who has improved in a 12 month span the way Makki Itoh has?

Both her semi and Finals matches were legit great and the finish was gnarly!She's had such a string of really good singles matches since December adn since she came back from  AEW its like she's trying to prove that she can GO!

James

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Holy Crud! I just watched the Semis and Finals of The Princess Cup and... has there been a wrestler who has improved in a 12 month span the way Makki Itoh has?

Both her semi and Finals matches were legit great and the finish was gnarly!She's had such a string of really good singles matches since December adn since she came back from  AEW its like she's trying to prove that she can GO!

James

Maki's really been switched on the last year or so, agreed. She's been one of my favorites to watch this year, and I suspect she'll maintain that status for a while.

Thought the Mizuki match was better than the final against Shoko due to the backstory going into the match, but Maki has improved a lot in the last year or so.  While not being the best athlete in the world, she's really good at adding those emotional elements to make the match matter that much more.  Wonder if they finally give her the big win over Miyu at Wrestle Princess.

• Like 1

20210817-00000181-spnannex-000-4-view.jp

Super Delfin established a women's professional wrestling group,  they will specialize in YouTube.   2.5 Dimensional Women's Wrestling (tentative name) in Osaka City.

The new group will do two types, "Virtual", which is edited like a special effects battle scene.  "Real", which is a normal business style with an audience. 

The woman in pic is Momoka Hanazono also the GM. They hope to do wrestling matches with AKB48.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

20210817-00000181-spnannex-000-4-view.jp

Super Delfin established a women's professional wrestling group,  they will specialize in YouTube.   2.5 Dimensional Women's Wrestling (tentative name) in Osaka City.

The new group will do two types, "Virtual", which is edited like a special effects battle scene.  "Real", which is a normal business style with an audience. 

The woman in pic is Momoka Hanazono. Minami Takahashi the idol wil be GM. They hope to do wrestling matches with AKB48.

Actually, it looks like Momoka Hanazono is the GM from all the articles I've seen (and I've seen no indication that Takamina has anything to do with this).

And that's interesting that they want to do matches with AKB...a revival of Tofu Pro Wrestling?

(He's also a bit outdated since he thinks Jurina Matsui's in AKB when she graduated from SKE earlier this year)

Edited by dogwelder