DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Signing up is easy, the only part that usually messes people up is putting the credit card expiration month/year backwards (put it in as year/month).  Their site is browser based so no app.  Be forewarned that like all Japanese streaming services, they bill at the first of the month, not the day you sign up.

28 minutes ago, DEAN said:

So is MARVELOUS and Sendai Girls merging or something?

I don't think so. Those other titles are the GAEA belts. They were revived for this feud with the winner taking the belts to their home promotion. It would make for a strong promotion if they merged.

• Like 1

Further thoughts post -Cinderella...

I think as far as STARS/OT goes they're going to set-up a match where Kid legit turns on Mayu. That sets things up and gets Mayu  away from Tora but keeps it about STARS v. OT. I still think Kyona is coming back earlier than most people do and if I'm right about Kid going full heel then you have tag program with Mayu/Jungle against Konami/Kid.

I think Tora is winning the red belt to set-up Giulia winning it for the year end show. Giulia will win the 5 Star  to set that up.

Of course I could be 100% wrong but that how it feels to me

James

Tora winning really depends on when they want to pull the trigger on Utami/Giulia which is their biggest money match right now.  Do they want it by the end of the year or sometime next year when they can have a bigger gate.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer gave Utami/Syuri 5 1/2 stars which I am 99.9% sure is the first women's match to go past 5

Really wish he would go back and rerate matches after he changed the scale. It was a great match, but it was no Hokuto/Kandori.

15 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think as far as STARS/OT goes they're going to set-up a match where Kid legit turns on Mayu. That sets things up and gets Mayu  away from Tora but keeps it about STARS v. OT. I still think Kyona is coming back earlier than most people do and if I'm right about Kid going full heel then you have tag program with Mayu/Jungle against Konami/Kid.

I hope not. I'd rather Kyona take the time to heal properly which would put her return closer to November/December. It took her a while to even get the necessary surgeries and I heard she was not as big/muscular when she was at Hana's Memorial show. The situation does feel like a setup to fully turn Kid though I honestly think that does nothing good for her right now in the long term.

15 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think Tora is winning the red belt to set-up Giulia winning it for the year end show. Giulia will win the 5 Star  to set that up.

15 hours ago, nofuture said:

Tora winning really depends on when they want to pull the trigger on Utami/Giulia which is their biggest money match right now.  Do they want it by the end of the year or sometime next year when they can have a bigger gate.

I want Natsuko to win, but it would be a somewhat odd choice to have Utami's reign end just after she finally got the major match she needed to cement herself as top level. Utami/Giulia can easily still be saved for next year by just having Utami have a long reign.  Natsuko throwing a monkey wrench into things would be more interesting, but I'm not sure they would trust her at the top for even a short time, especially as they keep doing shows in bigger buildings.

Edited by Eivion

On 6/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, nofuture said:

Signing up is easy, the only part that usually messes people up is putting the credit card expiration month/year backwards (put it in as year/month).  Their site is browser based so no app.  Be forewarned that like all Japanese streaming services, they bill at the first of the month, not the day you sign up.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer gave Utami/Syuri 5 1/2 stars which I am 99.9% sure is the first women's match to go past 5

Honestly if anything I think he underrated it as that's the best match I've seen this year from any promotion. 

• Like 1