DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

Cinderella is always going to have some wonky results due to the nature of the tournament.  I'm more surprised they still have 10 wrestlers left.  I wonder how they're going to bracket that.

One of the matches has to end in a draw, double dq, or double count out.

The best thing going in wrestling: Lulu Pencil trying to win the respect of Chris Brooks/Pencil after he told her to be ready to win after their last loss. Now she's out here cutting promos saying she's going to win and SHE'S READY. Then she gets pinned. BUT, at least to me, it seemed like she got more shit in and it took more to put her away. CAPTIVATING.

27 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Sena Shiori will graduate from TJPW, which means leaving TJPW and Wrestling.

She's 19. More from Joshi Sun-Times (okay):

TJPW reported Shiori has been suffering from an undisclosed chronic illness even before her debut. Doctors have advised her to quit wrestling because of it.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:26 AM, Jiji said:

The best thing going in wrestling: Lulu Pencil trying to win the respect of Chris Brooks/Pencil after he told her to be ready to win after their last loss. Now she's out here cutting promos saying she's going to win and SHE'S READY. Then she gets pinned. BUT, at least to me, it seemed like she got more shit in and it took more to put her away. CAPTIVATING.

As Akki has pointed out, the Pencil Army is a threat to all. But in all seriousness both Lulu and Chie's quests for respect have been fun; Chocopro is such a wonderfully odd promotion to watch.

1 hour ago, GojiColin said:

As Akki has pointed out, the Pencil Army is a threat to all. But in all seriousness both Lulu and Chie's quests for respect have been fun; Chocopro is such a wonderfully odd promotion to watch.

It can be really bad (but usually fun bad) or really great (best bros vs. chango/psycho). Ayumi Hayashi is legit good and funny/charismatic. Please keep bringing her back in.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Per Tokyo Sports

In a sense of crisis, Stars could disband. No home army at all would be interesting..

With Iida out now and Kyona still out they are down to three active members, one of which is a teen who can't even work ever show due to school. Unless they have some names they are holding out on debuting/returning or do quick realignment of STARS and CA I can kind of see it happening though it would be so weird.

• Like 1

Yuki Arai's of SKE48 re-debut match, she wrestled in DDT before. She is retraining under Miyu Yamashita and hopes to be entertaining like NJPW's Yano.

Ezd7rzzUYAIy9au?format=jpg&name=large

She will wrestle once a month.