DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

add to this, Mayu being unable to put Tam away in their singles match helps elevate Tam and now also gives us kind of a storyline that might lead to Mayu wanting some serious payback against Odeo Tai for the spring/summer. I think once Kynoa gets back they both are going to be looking for lots of revenge

James

I'd be somewhat surprised if Mayu's summer isn't focused on finishing the feud with Tam. The only reason their match ended in a draw is because they pushed the feud early when they still had Mayu/Yoshiko to build. I don't think Kyona will be back as soon as the summer even with her having completed her surgeries.

I am all in on Giulia vs. Iida. I think Iida is my new fave in the promotion at least until Jungle returns. She's limited because of her experience and card positioning but she's got it, her selling is great, and her offense is unique and suits her persona. Love the counter jumping hammer she does. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J.H. said:

add to this, Mayu being unable to put Tam away in their singles match helps elevate Tam and now also gives us kind of a storyline that might lead to Mayu wanting some serious payback against Odeo Tai for the spring/summer. I think once Kynoa gets back they both are going to be looking for lots of revenge

James

Having just watched the Ruaka betrayal finally I have to take back some of what I said. You are probably right about STARS/OT being a spring/summer feud since Mayu declared full scale war on them. Just feels weird to happen w/o Kyona around.  That post match promo was fun. I do wonder if they will ever have May finally break down fully with so many betrayals and the clear question of her leadership capabilities.

I'd like to think when Kyona  it is in the form of jumping Kyona voming through the crowd in street clothes as Konami is coming to ring. I don't just want STARS/ OR stable ear, I want STARS  going guerilla warfare!!

(I know this probably will not happen)

James

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Utami wants to lift the ban on Jun Akiyama style of ruthlessness for the Budokan.

Since when was there a ban on that? Also weird to throw something like that out there considering Utami's style doesn't even come close to having that. Kind of hoping it means she will actually show something different and new in her style in the match with Saya.

Kayfabe in Japan to have "Limiters", just more violent maybe.  I tend to notice Rossy and Stardom wrestlers likes to use stuff and terms from other promotions more increasingly now.

Dear God, how is Iida this good this soon? She's already great at the hardest parts of pro-wrestling: selling, timing, emotion/presence. The execution can be a bit uneven occasionally and that will doubtlessly come with more time, but it's already high level for somebody with two years experience. That match with Giulia was really, really good and she looked like a total star. The rings of Saturn deal Giulia had her in right before the finish was such a perfect near fall. 

30 minutes ago, Jiji said:

She's already great at the hardest parts of pro-wrestling: selling, timing, emotion/presence.

She showed a decent amount of this even during her first year. She is a natural. Whats more she has a ton of charisma. If she was 4 inches taller she would be a lot more protected by Ogawa and co. Its nice to see her gettign treated better now. Kagetsu named Iida as one of her retirement road opponents specifically because she felt Iida wasn't getting the chances to shine that she deserved. 

Tam should win tonight, but Giulia winning would be fun just for the meltdowns among the western fans. 

The Seadlinnng tag match with Iida is the match where I turned the corner with her.  She's still got some room to grow, but you can see the pieces there that experience will make better.