DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Honestly, Kid really shouldn't be challenging Giulia. Any realistic momentum she had kind of died already with her loss to Tam. Would have been better to give Kid the Cinderella tournament and challenge whoever wins at Budokan. I think its only happening now due to Stardom feeling the need for title matches to sell Korakuen.

Stolen from Purolove

Stardom "STARDOM 10TH ANNIVERSARY ~ HINAMATSURI ALLSTAR DREAM CINDERELLA", 03.03.2021
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

- 10th Anniversary Premium Stardom All-Star Rumble : Yuzuki Aikawa, Yoko Bito, Haruka Kato, Yuna Manase , Hiromi Mimura, Miho Wakizawa, Momoe Nakanishi, Koguma 
- High Speed Title : AZM (c) vs. Natsupoi
- 10th Anniversary Match 1st : Momo Watanabe vs. Nanae Takahashi 
- 10th Anniversary Match 2nd : Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko 
- Loser Hair Cut Match : Giulia vs. Tam Nakano
- World of Stardom Title : Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Saya Kamitani

Also two mystery X for All Star Rumbo. I expect 3 to to 4 more matches to be announced later.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:51 AM, Eivion said:

Rin teaming with Mayu feels random.

Its nice that Mei is getting her team up with AZM.

Really looking forward to AZM and Kid's challenges.

Apparently Kidani wants Stardom to head to the dome in 2025.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:51 AM, Eivion said:

A 1/7 show at the Dome would be nice and a way to get some of the WK tourists to stick around.

23 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Also two mystery X for All Star Rumbo. I expect 3 to to 4 more matches to be announced later.

Figured there would be some names left to mystery for the rumble.  Omukai has shown up in Stardom on occasion. I can see her popping up here. A Seadlinnng rookie, Honori Hana, challenged Iida for the Future title after her match with Momo against Nanae & Arisa. Could happen at Budokan.

7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Stardom has dropped the annual Roster Draft didn't they? Honestly that for the better.

Anyway I want Lady C to hurry up and Join a faction.

They did. The draft was done as well as it could be, but I always hated it even if I enjoyed the shows themselves. Felt too unnatural and it rushed things. People turning and jumping around naturally is much better storytelling.

I kind of think they are waiting for C to improve before she joins up anywhere. It took Kamitani 8 months to join QQ so I don't see them feeling the need to rush C. C also doesn't really fit any groups naturally.

6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I think their new thing is the new/splintering faction.  First Tokyo Cyber Squad, then DDM and now Cosmic Angels.  It's a lot less forced then the Roster Draft.

That started via draft. Hana had no real group and won the match that disassembled JAN and gave Hana an official unit that eventually was named TCS. DDM & CA are the only post draft units. I don't think we see anything else form until a another group dies unless Stardom gain another 3-5 wrestlers and loses no one else.

23 minutes ago, alstein said:

A 1/7 show at the Dome would be nice and a way to get some of the WK tourists to stick around.

Feels too early to speculate but that would be the smartest time. Its a much better way to take advantage of the 1/4 dome crowd than the dark matches.

• Like 1

TJPW  Futari wa Princess Max Heart Tournament:

Spoiler

futari-wa-princess.jpg

To decide who is the strongest tag team 

Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino
Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe
Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki
Shoko Nakajima & Hyper Misao
Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh
Yuki Kamifuku & Mahiro Kiryu
Marika Kobashi & Raku
Hikari Noa & Sena Shiori
Pom Harajuku & Haruna Neko
Mirai Maiumi & Suzume
Moka Miyamoto & Arisu Endo
Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel

12 teams across four rounds, 8 teams enter in the first round and the other 4 teams will receive a bye into Round 2. The bracket cuts off semi-finals, the last teams remaing will be paired matched together via lottery.

• Like 1

Spoiler

More names for the Rumble. Pretty much the ones you might expect. Did think the younger names might get pulled into a large tag mixed up with roster members, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Makes me curious what will happen with Bea, Kid, Unagi, C, Iida, Saki, & Natsuko. With Iida you figure maybe she defends the belt against Honori Hana. I assume at least two of the other challenge for Goddess belts (Natsuko/Saki?). Konami challenging Syrui almost means for certain she and Bea are losing the belts. Guess we will see in 15-25 minutes.

• Like 1

Someone on the Stardom reddit translated that. Kyoko reconciled with Bushiroad/Stardom, getting them to recognize their failure to protect Hana and to try to do better in protecting the roster. While Bushiroad/Stardom won't support the show financially they are allowing roster members to work the show.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Looks like everyone else not booked got stuck in the rumble. Guessing they are trying to keep the show from running too long with current covid rules.

Looks like Giulia/Tam is main eventing. I'm ok with this. Utami/Saya is going to flounder to some degree even if they manage a good-great match. The two are not ready. At the same time you don;t want an outsider main eventing their biggest show ever, especially over the top two titles.

I'm guessing/hoping Momo beats Nanae while Yoshiko beats Mayu. I think Yoshiko throws a challenge out to Utami post match.

Eue-O1SVoAMUhxJ?format=jpg&name=small

SP guest commentary: Akira Hokuto, Milan Collection AT, Fuka, Aina Aiba, Maho Tomita. You can buy the ppv overseas, Japanese commentary only, simultaneous live broadcast on FIGHTING TV SAMURAI.

I don't think they have all sections of seats open to purchase. Doesn't matter anyway it's the first show at the Budokan.

Edited by D.Z