DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I'm going to assume this is the thread to put this in. I've been trying to get into Joshi for a while now, but been having a hard time at what to watch. I was wondering is there any YouTube or DailyMotion channels that have older matches, like from the early 80s (or late 70s) through the 2000s? 

Honestly, the dome does little for me though it would be nice if Stardom rises to that level the next five years. Coming from Giulia tells you just how long they plan to keep her as ace when it happens officially in the next year or so.

Budokan show:

Stardom All-Star Rumble: Yuzuki Aikawa, Yoko Bito, Haruka Kato, Yuna Manase , Hiromi Mimura, Miho Wakizawa, Momoe Nakanishi, Koguma, X & X
High Speed Title: AZM (c) vs. Natsupoi
Momo Watanabe vs. Nanae Takahashi 
Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko 
World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Saya Kamitani

Not sure why but I knew Koguma would make a return for the rumble. Nice to see the other names involved. I keep hoping Fuka joins as well.

I kind of find it interesting they have the balls to stick with Saya/Utami knowing the two aren't remotely at that level yet, and with even the Japanese fans pushing for Bea to challenge.

• Like 1

Probably Bushiroad plan to speed ahead with Utami and Saya.

Could be Giulia vs Tam at Budokan for the white title. 

The Stardom awards:

MVP : Giulia

Best match award: Mayu Iwatani vs. Utami Hayashishita November 15, 2020

Best tag team award : Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani
Best unit award : Donna del Mondo
Outstanding performance award : Bea Priestley
Fighting sprit award : Tam Nakano
Best technique award : Konami
Shining Award (Fan Vote) : Giulia

From purolove

Stardom "GO TO BUDOKAN STARDOM VALENTINE SPECIAL DAY 1", 13.02.2021
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. 3 Way Battle Elimination Match: Utami Hayashishita & Momo Watanabe vs. Saya Iida & Ruaka vs. Gokigen Death☆ & Lady C
2. Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi vs. Konami, Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima
3. Saya Kamitani vs. Bea Priestley
4. Mayu Iwatani & Rin Kadokura  vs. Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka
5. SWA Undisputed World Women's Title: Syuri (c) vs. AZM
6. Wonder of Stardom Title: Giulia (c) vs. Starlight Kid

Stardom "GO TO BUDOKAN STARDOM VALENTINE SPECIAL DAY 2", 14.02.2021
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Gokigen Death☆ vs. Lady C
2. Momo Watanabe vs. Ruaka
3. Syuri & Natsupoi vs. Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima
4. Unagi Kabuki 7 Match Trial Series 3rd: Unagi Sayaka vs. Mayu Iwatani
5. AZM & Mei Hoshizuki  vs. Starlight Kid & Saya Iida
6. Special 4 Way Battle: Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani vs. Giulia vs. Tam Nakano
7. Goddesses of Stardom Title: Bea Priestley & Konami (c) vs. Maika & Himeka

They did said they want Stardom to exceed beyond NJPW, the growth however will be slow over time. Eventually I expect BushiRoad will do commericals and other ways to boost Stardom exposure in Japan.

Edited by D.Z

Yeah unless one of their wrestlers make it big or they get random supernova pick up I don't see the dome happening any time soon, even within the next five years. I think they will be doing well if they can hit up up Sumo Hall or Budokan annually by then.

5 years is an eternity in joshi, but quadrupling (at the least) their current fan base to justify running a dome show seems unrealistic.  And even if they can get that generation stars, there's always the specter of WWE/AEW snatching that star away.

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

5 years is an eternity in joshi, but quadrupling (at the least) their current fan base to justify running a dome show seems unrealistic.  And even if they can get that generation stars, there's always the specter of WWE/AEW snatching that star away.

Honestly, if they continue to grow in success I actually think that specter has far less power than people think if Bushiroad is matching or offering more in money by then. Mayu makes more than WWE or AEW would offer her already. Her lowest is $120K a year. Apparently that can go up to 3x that amount depending on other factors. Unless they have a dream of making it big in America I doubt Stardom will have to worry about talent running off to WWE or AEW.

Its being hair vs. hair and not just hair vs. title has my interest. I can kind of see it going either way though Tam winning makes the most the sense for both. Tam can finally win the belt she has been trying to gain for two years and do a big rematch with Mayu in the spring or summer while Guilia chases the red belt.

OR we are getting swerved!
Starlight Kid beats Giulia but insists upon winning that the stips for the match remain the same. Yeah It'sstupid to think thy'd do that but you never know (even when you do)

James