DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Watching Sendai Girls' on 1/9 now, I'm sure I'll have some thoughts when I am done.

Glad that Joshi promotions are recognizing that Konami is awesome. Since returning in November she has already wrestled in WAVE, Marvelous, Diana, Stardom, FMW, and Sendai Girls' After not getting to see much of her in 2016 due to her being in REINA, its nice that she is finally wrestling on some events that 'make air'. Hopefully Stardom keeps using her, I guess we'll find out next tour if she will be a permanent fixture like Kagetsu or not.

I hope Marvelous doesn't join Diana on the list of promotions that don't make their events available, I really like Takumi Iroha.

4 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Hana Kimura got a note from her doctor giving her the ok to wrestle at her mom's retirement show. (Not that I can see her doing much, especially considering the other side of the match will have Minoru Suzuki and Aja Kong)

C2dXCRYUAAAlgwj.jpg

I hope this show makes tape on SamuraiTV. Kyoko and Hana did Occupation of the Joshi a couple months back and there was some cool footage they had of Kyoko and Hana when Hana was a child cause she would come to Kyoko's matches. I'd only imagine the tribute video that they would do for Kyoko since they basically have all of her notable matches. 

I thought that Sendai Girls' on 1/9 was really good as a complete show. MOTYC seekers can skip it, nothing reached that level, but nothing was below average and I particularly enjoyed Cassandra Miyagi vs. Hikaru Shida. Aja Kong vs. Chihiro Hashimoto felt a bit flat, it took awhile to get going and never 'felt' like a big championship match, but it wasn't bad either.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

That reminds me of a bloody Kyoko holding a crying Hana after one of her deathmatches in BJW.

That was in there. I saw screenscaps from twitter of SamuraiTV's Battlemen News this week and they showed it again to them.

SamuraiTV is gonna broadcast Kyoko Kimura's Retirement Show on February 4th. 

I saw the recent Stardom show and it's a letdown from the December show. Hate to repeat the broken record but the semi main and main are the standout matches once again but it didn't follow up well that I thought it would. 

Also, I got to see the TV Asahi Scout & Choice show with the idols doing their matches with Io & Kairi. It was what it was and not much different than what you see with shows in the states when they do a profession for a day. Reminded me of Dhani Jones doing lucha on his travel show. Only thing that threw me off was seeing Sareee, Kyoko Inoue and Keiko Aono representing Diana but I guess it was the point of the show was them to choose and they choose Stardom obviously. Still a good look for Stardom cause it played before the Wrestle Kingdom 11 Special. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JML said:

I saw the recent Stardom show and it's a letdown from the December show. Hate to repeat the broken record but the semi main and main are the standout matches once again but it didn't follow up well that I thought it would. 

Keep in mind Mayu getting sick kind of stole the two other matches with the most potential from the show. That said, I thought the 3-way with JK Green & Baszler was pretty solid.

The Stardom show was actually better than I was expecting, normally their triple threat matches are kinda throwaways but I thought both had solid stories this time. Really liked Kyona attacking Momo at times that weren't expected considering who their opponent was, just to further show they really don't like each other.

But in general I thought the January shows were better than the average Stardom show simply because they had better wrestlers involved. Konami/KLR/Newell/Viper is probably the best collective group of Freelancers they'd had on one tour in awhile, and it just helped up and down the card. Year End Climax was still the better show but I wasn't disappointed by the Anniversary event.

The comedy in Tokyo Joshi Pro is 'bad indie wrestling' but they have some decent wrestlers, at least in terms of general entertainment. When a combination of Yamashita/Nakajima/Sakazaki are wrestling each other its pretty solid, I wouldn't mind any of those three getting more experience elsewhere so I can get a better feel of how good they are.

As Twitter has been excited about all day, it was announced that Yoshiko will have her first MMA fight at ROAD FC 36. Its not very far away (February 11th) and she doesn't even have an opponent yet, so I think its a safe assumption this isn't a serious venture for her at the moment. Still interesting, I have no idea if she even does any MMA-style training or this is just a cash grab like Hotta at RIZIN.

13 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

As Twitter has been excited about all day, it was announced that Yoshiko will have her first MMA fight at ROAD FC 36. Its not very far away (February 11th) and she doesn't even have an opponent yet, so I think its a safe assumption this isn't a serious venture for her at the moment. Still interesting, I have no idea if she even does any MMA-style training or this is just a cash grab like Hotta at RIZIN.

Here is who she is fighting. 

I suspect that Seadlinnng needs money given that Yoshiko is working more Oz Academy shows and Nanae is doing shoot fights too. Also interesting that Seadlinnng's last show hasn't been broadcasted and they are about do Nanae vs Arisa tomorrow with nobody knowing if that makes tape either. 

I honestly don't know if Yoshiko doing MMA does anything to help SEAdLINNNG, unless she became an investor or they represent her as an official management agency. It may just be she needs the money herself. I dunno what the goal was with SEAdLINNNG but it doesn't appear to be working, as they still only have two official wrestlers and don't do anything 'different' enough to attract fans even running shows every other month. And they went from being on Samurai TV to being on Nico to being possibly off the grid altogether which isn't the ideal path.

1 hour ago, JMTD said:

Great news, hopefully she get's absolutely destroyed and KO'ed. The only time I'll be tuning in to watch anything she does.

Something tells me no.

Sun Yoo Chun (0-1-0) is an MMA fighter out of South Korea and the #52nd ranked Womens Pound for Pound in South Korea

Wasn't Yoshiko a highly trained judoka?  Or have I gotten her mixed up with somebody else.

9 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Wasn't Yoshiko a highly trained judoka?  Or have I gotten her mixed up with somebody else.

I doubt it, at least not highly trained. Her Japanese Wiki makes no mention of any combat skills and she started in pro wrestling when she was only 17 so she couldn't have had too much training before that (well not enough to make her great). Not saying she isn't tough, but I don't know how much training she has in a fighting discipline, I guess we will find out very shortly. I am going to assume her strategy will be tackle/ground and pound.

31 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Something tells me no.

Weight advantage will play into her hands but I can always hope to see somebody as unlikable as her get finished.

Yoshiko has been training with Nanae and the SEI☆ZA girls for a while. She's ready for this.

I kind of get a feeling that Arisa will join SEAdLINNNG. She is very close with them.

2 hours ago, JMTD said:

Weight advantage will play into her hands but I can always hope to see somebody as unlikable as her get finished.

Yoshiko has done absolutely nothing wrong.

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That was sarcasm, right?

It's the belief that Act threw the first punch after I think the 1st or 2nd forearm Yoshiko threw at her.

That's up to speculation but then after a bit it looked like Act was the one starting back up the rest of the fight