DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I don't believe they're entirely at fault but considering the attention was coming from a clip on their show cancelling the show is the right thing to do.  Now if they feel inclined they can always take the basic concept of the show and call it something else.  But just not with anything called "Terrace House".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Planning on watching Stardom's 6/21 return show tonight. Man it is probably going to be tough. I have only been a fan for maybe a year or so, but to see so much change and now this tragedy in that time...it can never be the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quackhell said:

Planning on watching Stardom's 6/21 return show tonight. Man it is probably going to be tough. I have only been a fan for maybe a year or so, but to see so much change and now this tragedy in that time...it can never be the same.

Kyona couldn't even work the show because she was still dealing with it. Will say that the QQ vs. QQ draw is good and worth catching.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just finished the show and totally agree on the QQ vs QQ match. The 10 bell for Hana got me...Jungle too, but her strength was inspiring. I watched with mixed emotions to be sure, but I was glad I did. Despite everything I found I still have a lot of love for Stardom and the art in general even if I kind of hate the bizness. 

• Like 1

Giulia and Mayu and Hana and Arisa were to be the aces of BushiRoad era Stardom but we know what happened to the last two... hopefully Tall Saya and Utami will fill in the blanks.

• Like 1

Kyona seems to be the pushable one in Hana's spot when she gets back. Or they can pull the trigger on a major Tam push (which is kind of happening as they are building her rivalry with Giulia)

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Giulia and Mayu and Hana and Arisa were to be the aces of BushiRoad era Stardom but we know what happened to the last two... hopefully Tall Saya and Utami will fill in the blanks.

Mayu is the ace. Arisa was likely to be next. Hana I don't think would have been there another year or two at least. Giulia seemed to have been built more as a foil to Hana. She was a focus, but I don't think she was getting built to become ace. Saya and Utami are long ways away from being ready and are seemingly getting built more to be the next big tag team at the moment. I don't think anyone is going to quite fill in the blanks left by Arisa and Hana. I think Ogawa and Bushiroad are likely to just continue with Mayu for a bit and see who steps up in the next year or so. I think that will end up being Momo and Konami if I'm being honest. That said, I still see Kyona having a sold shot at winning the red belt. 

1 minute ago, J.H. said:

Kyona seems to be the pushable one in Hana's spot when she gets back. Or they can pull the trigger on a major Tam push (which is kind of happening as they are building her rivalry with Giulia)

James

Kyona's big goal apparently had been the white belt before all of this, but she does want to go after the red belt now in honor of Hana. Feels like a safe assumption they try to make some use of that as a story to sell.

Tam feels like she is more or less on the same path she was before Arisa's retirement. I think that has just made it likely she collects the white belt sooner than later. I don't think she moves beyond it. Giulia likely more her immediate feud because she was already vying for the white belt after she won the Cinderella tournament.

• Like 1