DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

A weird Tokyo Pro show I stumbled upon on YouTube. I am guessing it is some sort of giant gauntlet match with the unique stip of needing only a 2 count to win the fall ( @lostinube  can you please explain what is happening so I can understand the story and be able to enjoy it even more?)

The red team is led by Shoko Nakajima and the white team is led by Rika Tatsumi. I think they picked their teams prior (it might have been a lottery).

Five minute time limit. 2 count wins. In case of a draw, both are out. If it comes down to the last person on each team no time limit.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tsukasa Fujimoto carries a (literal) broom in a match.

一流のプロレスラーは”ほうき”とでも試合ができる人ことを指す

The top wrestlers are those that can even have matches with a broom or something to that effect.

Sadly it looks like she has been having issues for a year now with things coming to a head in March as she missed the last two Stardom shows due to neck issues. Was hoping it wasn't too serious, but sadly, that was not the case. Its a pity. She wasn't great, but she was led to some great matches last year and had all the potential in world to become that good with time.

• Sad 2

Obviously pretty sad but was kind of expecting something like this since she's been pretty radio silent since March.  I thought she had a pretty decent White Belt run and was showing improvement each match.  Pretty rough for Stardom to lose Kagetsu, Hazuki and Arisa in a 3 month period, but I'd imagine they'll persevere as usual.

I'm going to miss her. I enjoyed her matches and her team with Tam.

Now tbe question is, who gets the white belt next. I'd love for it to be either Tam or Kyona but we will have to wait and see

James

Either Giulia or Tam were likely to become the next champ before the pandemic went down. I imagine it will be the same for when they decide the new champ.

Edited by Eivion

Meltzer chimed in.

There was a major scare earlier today involving Hana Kimura, one of the top stars of Stardom.  She evidently had a severe bout with depression. She is part of the cast of a reality show in Japan that is also popular on Netflix. She lost her temper at one of the male roommates on the show for not taking her ring outfit out of the wash before starting his own wash and her ring costume got ruined and she lost her temper and slapped him. It resulted in her become a big villain to people viewing the show and led to her depression where she posted photos of her cutting her arms and there was an implied suicide threat.

In the incident filmed in early January, one of the housemates named Kai had washed his clothes, and unbeknownst to him, Hana's wrestling gear was in the washer. He washed it again with his stuff and threw it in the dryer. Then it shrunk and she couldn't wear it anymore. She was angry and said it was the costume she wore in the Tokyo Dome, and it had many memories, and that her ring gear was her life. Without it she can't work. This was all on the show.

She confronted the guy and slapped him upside the head to knock his hat off, because he didn't seem apologetic. Since that episode, Terrace House fans worldwide were sending her nasty messages and telling her to die, etc. "If your costume is your life, why did you leave it in the washing machine" and stuff like that, telling her to leave the show and die.