DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

• 2 weeks later...

Chigusa and Satomura are running a GAEA Japan show on April 15 at Korakuen Hall. Semifinal is an all GAEA match with Chigusa, Satomura, and Hirota vs. KAORU, Nagashima and Toshie Uematsu. Main is Takumi vs. Hashimoto. Sadly it is announced as a one time memorial show.

33 minutes ago, ka-to said:

Chigusa and Satomura are running a GAEA Japan show on April 15 at Korakuen Hall. Semifinal is an all GAEA match with Chigusa, Satomura, and Hirota vs. KAORU, Nagashima and Toshie Uematsu. Main is Takumi vs. Hashimoto. Sadly it is announced as a one time memorial show.

I wonder if this will be like One Night Stand 2005 or One Night Stand 2006. Why is Marlon Brando at this announcement?

EP_vdjeU4AEAHm8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Trocar Slush Weasel
  • Haha 1

For a last minute replacement match that main event felt both like a classic, and important for women’s wrestling in Japan. The Artist title was pretty great too, but that isn’t too shocking given Artist title matches have a higher batting average for great matches in STARDOM. Props to AZM who looked great working with Giulia, as well as Giulia looking more like the star they needed her to be when they picked her up. I’d even argue that Giulia has completely outclassed golden girl Hana as a star in the ring, and with her character work.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

For a last minute replacement match that main event felt both like a classic, and important for women’s wrestling in Japan. The Artist title was pretty great too, but that isn’t too shocking given Artist title matches have a higher batting average for great matches in STARDOM. Props to AZM who looked great working with Giulia, as well as Giulia looking more like the star they needed her to be when they picked her up. I’d even argue that Giulia has completely outclassed golden girl Hana as a star in the ring, and with her character work.

Still haven't seen the main event yet, but I'm not shocked it was a classic. Their last match in Marvelous was pretty good, and there is nice history there since Takumi is a former Stardom wrestler and stablemate to Mayu. In truth I think the match was always goign to happen this year, partially as payback for the Marvelous match. Sareee getting sick just made it happen early.

The Artists match was nice and solid. DDM aren't quite there as a team yet, but they are strong enough on their own as singles that this worked out well with segments mainly being Maika/Utami, Momo/Syuri, & Giulia/AZM. I really want a Momo/Syrui match at some point. As a character I don't think Giulia outclasses Hana. That said, she is still good character wise and way better in the ring than I have seen some reddit fans give her credit for. I think she and Hana are close to even as a whole which is saying something because I think Hana only just improved to that point in the last 5-6 months. Giulia was seemingly already that good before Stardom and will likely only get better as she faces off with and learns from the better wrestlers in Stardom..

Saw Takumi vs. Mayu yesterday. that was a great little match and a reminder that Takumi would totally be Stardom's ace if she was still around in Stardom. She is just so charismatic and knows how to command the audience. Even the post stuff was neat and put her over well.

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

It appears that Andras Miyagi is done with Stardom.  Shame but it was a pretty disappointing run for her there.

This was expected after the last 4-5 months of her booking. I'm guessing she didn't want to stick it out with Bushiroad. I'm disappointed only in that her Stardom run was disappointing in general. She never quite fit in with anyone and never had any particular standout performances. I think the gimmick while weird and fun, just holds her back too much.