DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

1 hour ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Considering that Bushiroad didn't buy Stardom because they wanted to and instead to stop WWE from buying it

Where did this come? Supposedly they had been looking for a company to acquire and build on for around a year from what I recall being said. Based on whats been said Rossy was never likely selling to WWE despite hearing out offers. They didn't have enough of a plan in place.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:01 PM, quackhell said:

Caught up with a lot of Stardom the last few days and the Hazuki and Kagetsu retirements blindsided me. If it is legit for health reasons and a desire to take new opportunities that's great, but these conflicting reports make the whole thing seem fishy. If this is how Bushiroad is operating it sucks big time. Kagetsu was my favorite wrestler in the company and Oedo Tai my favorite unit and now it's been gutted. Stardom just won't be the same.

From what I've gathered there is more to Hazuki's retirement than is being said though no one knows if its because of the Bushiroad buyout or something personal Hazuki didn't want to share. Kagetsu's retirement is seemingly legit a case of just thinking its time. The only conflicting report came from Meltzer and apparently even he leaned towards the side of bs on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

All women show seems to be all women staff only as well only women reporters?, and no Rossy. Hana always wanted this.

They mentioned wanting to do one last year. It will take place on 5/6. Seems like a good choice with it being a holiday, after 4-5 months of tv, and right after the second biggest show Stardom has ever run. I'm guessing its to help them gauge interest among female fans along.

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Goal is 14 Korakuen events this year.

This was mentioned last year. Schedule was released then as well. There are two Korakuens in March, and the first two 5*GP shows in August will be at Korakuen.

Edited by Eivion

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

All women show seems to be all women staff only as well only women reporters?, and no Rossy. Hana always wanted this.

Goal is 14 Korakuen events this year.

I read somewhere that Stardom is also going to announce that they'll start having men's matches. Don't remember where it was and now i can't find it again.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, Eivion said:

They mentioned wanting to do one last year. It will take place on 5/6. Seems like a good choice with it being a holiday, after 4-5 months of tv, and right after the second biggest show Stardom has ever run. I'm guessing its to help them gauge interest among female fans along.

This was mentioned last year. Schedule was released then as well. There are two Korakuens in March, and the first two 5*GP shows in August will be at Korakuen.

Of all the stupid things, the 6th is a replacement holiday for the 3rd (a Sunday) but people technically have to go back to work on the 7th and 8th and then it's the weekend. Anyway, several female idol groups have done the women only shows and I think they've been successful so hopefully Stardom can do the same.

Actually never been a big fans of hers so I'm kind of disappointed. A rebranded Miyagi would have been more interesting to me. I do wonder why they would bring in someone who should be higher on the food chain than Giulia. Also wonder if she has been signed or is she just freelancing.

7 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling Miyagi isn't long for Stardom.  She's been seriously marginalized the last few months.

I figured it was that or a rebranding. This makes me think its a departure more and more.

39 minutes ago, nofuture said:

The other big development from tonight's show:

Hide contents

Not surprising. It was known she would be challenging Mayu this year, and it had to happen before she heads off to WWE in the next couple of months.

The bigger development was

Spoiler

Bea attacking Momo and joining Oedo Tai. It was kind of a long time coming with Bea having been red belt champ, partnering up with Jamie, and always leaning towards heelish tendencies. I made little sense how she was fine playing second fiddle to Momo still. Its the boost Oedo Tai really needed to survive and stay relevant though it does leave QQ in a tough spot. 

Final Korakuen number was 1602. Offhand I think its the best number they have done at Korakuen and their second highest attendance overall.