DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

10 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

She already took one year off before already, I'm not going to rule out another return. This is wrestling anyway. Maybe she's on the Yoko Bito plan.

Bito's first retirement was due to injury and kept her out 4 years. Bito's second retirement came around the time she was married. Like I think with the timing of when she had her kid she may have been technically pregnant during her last match. Hazuki's year off may have just been her finishing high school. She never retired during that time. Kid did the same thing.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bito's first retirement was due to injury and kept her out 4 years. Bito's second retirement came around the time she was married. Like I think with the timing of when she had her kid she may have been technically pregnant during her last match. Hazuki's year off may have just been her finishing high school. She never retired during that time. Kid did the same thing.

Saki and Arisa are better examples of two that took their early 20's off before returning a few years later.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Saki and Arisa are better examples of two that took their early 20's off before returning a few years later.

Actually Saki was injured like Bito with an intent/hope of returning while Arisa was pulled out by her parents after Io was arrested with Nosawa during the drug frame up by Sugi.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hey guys you should check out the finals of the Stardom Tag League. Not the greatest match ever, but it proves once again that Stardom’s Tag scene is their bread, and butter.

Finally finished the show today. That was one of the better tag league finals they've had. The tournament usually isn't a strong one for them even with decent teams. This year was pretty solid. That said, I think I actually dug the Kyona/Konami vs. Momo/AZM match from right before the finals more.

Kidani wants Stardom to exceed NJPW. Something about beyond NJPW.

Will use Instagram to attract more female fans because twitter in Japan is mostly male, ladies only seats, women fans only show at Shin-kiba. Might not hire anyone under 15 again. And possible height requirements.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

Will use Instagram to attract more female fans because twitter in Japan is mostly male, ladies only seats, women fans only show at Shin-kiba. Might not hire anyone under 15 again. And possible height requirements.

ladies only seats and occasional women only shows sound nice in theory, but I suspect won't help much at all to help them attract more female fans.

Not shocked they are avoiding hiring anyone under 15. Stardom did that more because they needed the bodies. Otherwise someone like AZM would stayed in exhibitions until she hit 15. Ogawa already seemed to stopped hiring anyone that young this year.

Height requirements would be a fantastically dumb way to lose out on potential talent. 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:42 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Two things that slipped by me this week. Ryo MIzunami is leaving WAVE and going freelance. Also, Mio Momono had her return match yesterday after a year out because of injury. I wish I had known that since I could have gone.

Well, that didn't last long. Mio is out another 3 months or so.