DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Cool news though all the details are still being put together. It was great to see Stardom grow and expand on their own but getting acquired by the biggest promotion in Japan cant hurt. With the increase in presentation and production value their business will continue to grow. 

Keeping them separate yet marketing them together internationally is smart. Doesn't hurt that these girls will likely be looking at better pay, health care, etc that comes with being signed to full time contracts. 

Ok, so I watched Hana's first Terrace House episode. I've never watched this show but it is real just as much as the Real World was real. They plopped Hana into the house right on her birthday and she comes in and stirs up some shit, about as much as a Japanese person will do. They then decide to all go watch her next show, which is interesting because I was at that show and I don't remember seeing anything that resembled a film crew following people around. I guess I'll find out if I'm in the damn show next week.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if I was the Japanese pro-wrestling version of an English football journalist during transfer season, I would say that Hana issued a "Come get me plea" to WWE.

Edited by Trocar Slush Weasel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:00 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Forgot to mention that if I was the Japanese pro-wrestling version of an English football journalist during transfer season, I would say that Hana issued a "Come get me plea" to WWE.

Good thing she's signed with Bushiroad.

Kind of surprised you didn't know about either of those. 

In Stardom news from today's Korakuen:

Spoiler

Saya Kamitami got her first victory via a running shooting Star Press on Andras Miyagi in a tag league match. And Mayu is red belt champ again after two years.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:00 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

They then decide to all go watch her next show, which is interesting because I was at that show and I don't remember seeing anything that resembled a film crew following people around. I guess I'll find out if I'm in the damn show next week.

They playing some bullshit. Everybody had their faces blurred. You can see me but I'm in a black t-shirt in the shadows with a blurred face. They showed Hana beating up Azumi among her new roommates and the finishing run where Azumi beat Hana.

Was at the last two nights of Stardom shows at Shinkiba (the tag title match between Kyona/Konami and Arisa/Tam was really good) and didn't realize that Hazuki has announced she's retiring at the end of the year.  Real shame because she's one of the best wrestlers there that didn't really get their due.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ka-to said:

Hazuki might be leaving for marriage and making baby too.

Other news, A Stardom commercial ran on New Japan's weekly TV yesterday.

Other, other news, 12/3 is the start of Hana's episodes of Terrace House on Fuji broadcast TV.

Looks like @D.Z has a new favorite show.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ka-to said:

Hazuki might be leaving for marriage and making baby too.

Its so random that this feels like the only thing that really makes much sense of it.  Still a pity regardless of the reasons. Really thought she would be around for a good ten years at least. 

She's super fun and good so it will be a loss, but they've lost better wrestlers and somehow keep churning out great replacements and matches as if nothing happened. Saying that, I hope she comes back one day. It is retirement in wrestling, though... Never say never.

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

She's super fun and good so it will be a loss, but they've lost better wrestlers and somehow keep churning out great replacements and matches as if nothing happened. 

They have but not to retirement. Its a decent loss since she was a good challenger for the bigger belts.

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

She's super fun and good so it will be a loss, but they've lost better wrestlers and somehow keep churning out great replacements and matches as if nothing happened. Saying that, I hope she comes back one day. It is retirement in wrestling, though... Never say never.

She already took one year off before already, I'm not going to rule out another return. This is wrestling anyway. Maybe she's on the Yoko Bito plan.

16 hours ago, ka-to said:

Other, other news, 12/3 is the start of Hana's episodes of Terrace House on Fuji broadcast TV.

Man, they're way behind Netflix. I think I've seen 4 Hana episodes so far. She started heeling it up in the most recent episode.

Edited by Trocar Slush Weasel