DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

A lot of people called it. I imagine there will be some upward movement from where she kinda hung out on the cards. I just want to see her get better. Not sure if working stardom full time will make a difference with that as she has been a staple there for the past few yrs already. 

Last joshi at Hakata Star Lane (there are other photos after the initial tweet).

https://twitter.com/lostinube/status/1

11300736734651187https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=227590

It was the first time for me to see a full Tokyo Joshi Pro show. The one thing that struck me is that have you can basically split their roster into two groups: tall and short. The other thing was that it seems like they are training the next generation of Sakura Hirotas so that joshi cards all over Japan have something to fill that comedy match slot. Big difference between the semi-main and main event and the rest of the matches although Maki Ito seemed pumped to be doing a show in her home area. Aja Kong is of course, Aja Kong. Liked the main event. They kept it special by being the only match to go outside. Sakazaki is really popular.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Eivion said:

Xia, Viper, and now Toni. Wonder who else they can get.

In the new WON - Meltzer wrote 

Stardom has been told they can use anyone on the NXT U.K. roster, which is why Xia Brookside was part of their draft. WWE allowing her to go there signifies some of a relationship with Stardom

Kel isn't too bad, but she has a little trouble keeping up with the pacing occasionally. She could also be a little stiffer with her strikes. She has been about on par with Bobbi Tyler. In general Stardom has a tendency to bring in gaijin who don't have too much time on them I suspect with the idea of potentially helping to mold them over multiple tours if they like them..

On 4/23/2019 at 10:37 AM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Here's the bracket for the Stardom Cinderella tourney next week.

D4z7KB4XsAEItvB.jpg

Arisa Hoshiki won the tourney, pinning Konami after the Brazilian kick. Kinda surprising as she has been under the radar imo. 

Bea was eliminated in the 1st round and that was an even bigger shock as she seems to be their ace gaijin at the moment. 

Bea losing wasn't surprising. Bea losing in the first roudn when she has a red belt title match coming up was. Even with it being over the top rope I figured she would at least make the semis to lose to Konami there. I thought Konami would win, but I should have known better with her first round match being Momo. You don't really need the whole tournament when you beat the ace. Sounds like Natsuko's stock went up with her performances.

I didn't want Arisa to win, but it makes sense. She had future ace potential when she was a rookie and targeted Momo from the getgo when she came back only to kind of drop it. This was a good way to get her stock to rise after goign under radar aside from the attempted friendship/feud with Tam.

So in a somewhat shocking news Bea Priestly won the red belt off of Kagetsu. She is moving to Japan next month and becoming a fulltime Stardom roster member. Her version of the Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex is to be referred to as the Queen's Landing.

Don't love Priestly, but I'm kind of happy with this news. She has been getting better each tour, and I like that they threw a surprise in who finally dethroned Kagetsu since the only choices that came to mind offhand to most were Mayu and Momo.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Not really? In general when names get announced for AEW everyone seems to assume they are signed to full contracts, but that isn't really the case for everyone. Bea's participation in AEW will be infrequent according to Stardom. I'm assuming she actually signed to Stardom a bit back, and it was just announced officially now. Same with Andras Miyagi who was also announced as signed during Oedo Tai's Golden Week show.

I mentioned this in the AEW thread but per Meltzer - Riho is doing a 5 match trial with AEW

More around her trying to decide if she wants to commit to moving to the US or not (not to mention whether or not AEW stays viable)

More new champs in Stardom from their recent shows. Hana Kimura, Konami, & Jungle Kyona (Tokyo Cyber Squad) took the trios title from Mayu, Saki Kashima, & Tam Nakano.

Arisa Hoshiki kept her momentum rolling from the Cinderella tourney and pinned Momo Watanabe for the Wonder of Stardom title.