DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

3 hours ago, Ace said:

So they're still feeding retired joshi stars to Gabi Garcia?

This has been an ongoing feud for two years now due to Kandori getting injured before their first match and Garcia missing the weight at the weigh in last year.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So Stardom World is supposed to get a major redesign at the end of January. 

For some reason I thought I mentioned this already. The person who runs the site and English twitter mentioned it over at reddit a few weeks ago and gave more details last week. Paypal as an option is coming later in the year as well. I think it was also mentioned that we should be able to watch via consoles after the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, Brian Fowler said:

More details on the upcoming STARD✪M World redesign: http://www.diva-dirt.com/stardom-world-way-easier-use/amp/

Search, tags, one of those "jump forward or backwards 10 seconds" things. PayPal, and there is going to be a small price increase.

Well fuck. I guess a $1.61 increase isn't bad but when I periodically trim my way too many streaming options for budgetary reasons,  I've never even considered dropping STARD✪M World. I don't need a forwards/backwards button. I need them to start filling in shows for the years where they have only a handful of vids. 

Risa Sera & Yoshihisa üto Are Getting married. Probably the second Deathmatch Couple in Japanese Wrestling after Megumi Kudo & Bad Boy Hido 

Congratulations! 

https://www.hochi.co.jp/fight/20190209-OHT1T50158.html20190209-OHT1I50124-T.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, reportedly people leaving the Stardom 3.3 show were calling Momo Watanabe vs Jungle Kyona the best match in Stardom history. It's up on World and I'm gonna watch it real soon.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:53 PM, Brian Fowler said:

So, reportedly people leaving the Stardom 3.3 show were calling Momo Watanabe vs Jungle Kyona the best match in Stardom history. It's up on World and I'm gonna watch it real soon.

It's a pretty good match, but I wouldn't call it the best match in Stardom's history.

According to Fumi Saito on the Pacific Rim Podcast, Hana Kimura will be signing to Stardom full time starting April, 1st.

Edited by nofuture

On 3/3/2019 at 10:53 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I finally saw this having just finished up ten minutes ago. Its an easy MOTYC and probably the best Stardom match this year (I could see arguments for Kagetsu/Hazuki). but I'm not sure I would go as far as best match in Stardom's history even though the last half or so was fantastic.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was definitely really fucking good, at any rate.

The fact that Watanabe don't turn 19 for another week and a half is amazing.

It can't be overstated how insane the amount of growth she has had is. She basically went from being decent with just a bit of potential to coming back better than ever after being out injured for 6-8 months.

Edited by Eivion

Honestly, its even more impressive how Momo managed to jump ahead of Kyona and Hazuki. Both had more natural talent with Kyona showing more skill than either of them by the end of her first year. Its nice how much Momo's push seems to have motivated both to improve even more.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Interesting. Stardom, America? 

Nothing has been said officially, but Fumi Saito mentioned on a podcast earlier in the month that she would leave to join Stardom. Rossy Ogawa also mentioned a big name would join in a Japanese interview this week. If it happens, its good idea for her. WRESTLE-1 doesn't really have a women's division, and I suspect played the role of managers for her more than anything else. Supposedly they were the ones who kept her out of last years deathmatch in Stardom. Beyond that she has kind of hit a wall growth wise for the last 18 or so months. A change in systems probably wouldn't hurt.

• Thanks 1