DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Here is the story since the tweets aren't showing for some reason

Pro-Wrestling WAVE announced tonight at their show that Ayako Hamada was arrested for substance abuse and is now in custody.

WAVE also released Ayako Hamada from her contract with the company due to her being taken into custody.

Earlier this week Ayako Hamada had to cancel her title defense against DASH Chisako at Sendai Girl’s show at Azalea Taisho Hall in Osaka, Japan due to what she said was ‘health-related issues’. Sendai Girls announced yesterday after the show that Hamada had returned the belt.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

That is a shame, but its not necessarily the end of her career depending on if she is convicted and how bad sentencing is.

They don't usually play around in Japan. Once upon a time, a (shall not be named) wrestler went to Japan for a 6 month tour. The first night she was there she asked a couple of the other wrestlers where she could buy some weed. The next day she was on a flight back home. Hamada could have opportunities in the US and Mexico but they will most likely dry up in Japan. (I guess Seaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddling is a possibility)

1 hour ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

They don't usually play around in Japan. Once upon a time, a (shall not be named) wrestler went to Japan for a 6 month tour. The first night she was there she asked a couple of the other wrestlers where she could buy some weed. The next day she was on a flight back home. Hamada could have opportunities in the US and Mexico but they will most likely dry up in Japan. (I guess Seaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddling is a possibility)

Sexy Star I assume? I'm thinking more of Arashi's case where he was sentenced 3 years and served less than a third of it. I think Ayako is fucked as far as Japan goes.

40 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Yeah Ayako is Gran Hamada's kid, trained by him and Gran Apache if I remember right

James

And Aja and Yoshida

Io Shirai, who was considered the biggest women's wrestling star in Japan, looks to be headed to WWE.

Tokyo Sports reported in its Monday newspaper that Shirai would be going to WWE and her final show with Stardom would be June 17th. Sources close to her have confirmed the story.

Shirai, real name Masami Odate, 28, was named Japanese Women's MVP in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

She was first contacted by WWE in October 2016. She and Kairi Hojo (now Kairi Sane) both went back-and-forth on deals since the WWE contracts were for less money than they were making, but they were convinced the upside of becoming stars outside of Japan were enticing. She finally accepted the deal last May, however a heart issue was discovered in WWE medical examining and WWE rescinded the offer last June, and she returned to Stardom. She underwent a full medical examination in Japan and was fully cleared and has been the top star in the company since.

She lost her Wonder of Stardom title to Momo Watanabe on Wednesday night, which started rumors of her being WWE-bound. However, in that case, one had nothing to do with the other as the booking plan was for Watanabe, who they hope to be a future top star, needed the win at this time. The promotion wasn't aware of Shirai leaving until today.

Besides Shirai and Toni Storm, who also signed a U.K. contract with WWE, the company has made offers to other Stardom wrestlers and with the Mae Young Classic this summer, the Stardom Five-Star tournament has lost several wrestlers who were originally to be part of it.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/io-shirai-departing-stardom-headed-wwe-258556

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Supposedly WWE has given out offers to other people in Stardom, besides Io and Toni Storm? But no one specific was named. Any ideas?

I would guess the foreigners they have been working with.  I mean Toni Storm is already signed with WWE, right?  And Xia Brookside has a pretty significant in with WWE.

Storm’s deal is a UK deal so it seems like she can work other promotions that the WWE approves of (like how Dunne, Mustache Mountain, etc... currently do)