DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Went to the Wave show at Shin-Kiba last night.  Pretty fun show.

Mika Iida vs Konami - I don't know who Konami pissed off but she got jobbed here.  It was a nice back and forth grappling match and then all of a sudden Iida put on a kneebar and Konami tapped out. It must have only been five minutes or so.

Cherry/Misaki Ohata vs Asuka/Hiroe Nagahama - This must have been the John Cena Memorial Tag Battle because they had this weird rule that you had to call out your move before you did it. There was also some other rules I didn't quite catch. Asuka is a lot bigger live than in pictures but she bumps like a maniac. She made Cherry look like Taz on offense. Cherry pinned Asuka after a long finishing sequence.

Ayako Hamada/Sakura Hirota vs Yuki/Miyazaki/Nagisa Nozaki - Sakura Hirota is the greatest wrestler in the world even if her offense is weaker than Gillberg's. This was about some feud that Hirota and Miyazaki have been having. It ended in a double knockout when they kissed and spat up blood and passed out.

Ryo Mizunami vs Miyuki Takase - Interestingly, they decided to do the non-shoot version of the Yoshiko/Act Ghastly Match. This was stiff as hell.  The internet is telling me that Takase is part of Actwres Girl'Z but I'm pretty sure she was the one that sold me my ticket. That must suck to have to work the ticket booth for a company you don't even work for.

Yumi Ohka/Mio Momono vs Tae Honma/Saori Anou - Who would have thought all those years ago that Ohka would be the last Athtress standing.  I talked to her before the show and told her about meeting her way back then and she didn't believe me until I produced photographic evidence.  Ohka and Momono put the boots to Honma and Anou, literally.  Ohka kicked out Honma's front tooth for the finish.

After the show, they celebrated Ohka and HIrota's birthdays with cake and dumping their faces in it.

Rossy knew what they were getting when they made the ROH deal. The guy who runs Stardom's twitter mentioned that subs actually went up a good deal after the deal was made. There was a reason Io was not involved in that tournament and Mayu, who did participate, didn't regain the Red belt. Rossy was at WWE events because he happens to know quite a few people who work for WWE. I means he visits Kairi whenever he is in the US, and Sarah Stock invited him to the HOF. Its kind of just the norm at this point with so many indies having shows whenever and wherever Wrestlemania takes place.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Rossy knew what they were getting when they made the ROH deal. The guy who runs Stardom's twitter mentioned that subs actually went up a good deal after the deal was made. There was a reason Io was not involved in that tournament and Mayu, who did participate, didn't regain the Red belt. Rossy was at WWE events because he happens to know quite a few people who work for WWE. I means he visits Kairi whenever he is in the US, and Sarah Stock invited him to the HOF. Its kind of just the norm at this point with so many indies having shows whenever and wherever Wrestlemania takes place.

I would say "visiting friends" is kind of pushing it when he was at like 4 events.

I wouldn't think it would make a lot of sense from WWE's perspective to 'team up' or make a deal with a Japanese promotion, if they wanted a wrestler from Stardom they'd just wait until their contract was up and sign them. They haven't done a deal with a Japanese promotion since the mid 90s and I don't see them doing it now, they take what they want. I can however see Rossy as wanting to go to the events/get pictures/etc. as that type of thing can make press with wrestling magazines in Japan and publicity is rarely bad in the wrestling world. It makes him look like he is part of the global wrestling scene and important, which is an appearance any wrestling promoter would want. I mean Kikutaro got pictures with Stephanie and Shane, I doubt he'll be signing with them.

I can't tell with Google Translate if REINA is ever coming back or not. I know its technically "suspended" but that can mean different things. I just made a large order from their shop of DVDs while it still exists, be a shame if they did disappear and all those events that never aired are lost in the void. Even though I had it mailed to a Japanese address they must have realized I was American from my name since they emailed me in English. I wonder if they find it odd some random American is buying 7 REINA DVDs.

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm so far behind on Dream Slam now because of WrestleMania weekend. I'm secretly glad Stardom is essentially taking the month off.

Its just two weeks. Next two shows are actually this weekend. They have been weirdly slow about uploading Dream Slam. I thought they would be at least halfway through the final show by now. Instead the main event for show two of Dream Slam probably won't be up until tomorrow.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:09 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

In other news, Sendai Girls is holding a Joshi Puroresu Sports Festival.  It will not be wrestling but various athletic competitions - like Tug-o-War, dodgeball, jump-rope, etc - on 4/14 in Kawasaki.  Here are the teams:

The winning team was WAVE, second was Sendai Girls and third was Stardom.  Yumi Ohka was the MVP.  This went down before 700 fans yesterday, so expect it to come back next year but probably without musical chairs as an event.

hIRP2A6l.jpg

waq5ntrl.jpg

On 4/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I already know who wins this. Her name starts with K, ends with U and has agets in the middle.

Well, I was right.  Kagetsu ended up picking: Hana, Natsu, HZK, Yamaguchi and Martina.  QQ is now Shirai, AZM, Momo, Priestly, Chardonnay, Viper, Konami. Stars is Mayu, Kashima, Starlight Kid, Tam, Natsumi, Shibusawa.  Nobody from Team Jungle was picked.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:58 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

The winning team was WAVE, second was Sendai Girls and third was Stardom.  Yumi Ohka was the MVP.  This went down before 700 fans yesterday, so expect it to come back next year but probably without musical chairs as an event.

hIRP2A6l.jpg

waq5ntrl.jpg

Could be worse....At least Yako Fujigasaki didn't bust out her "Iron Kancho From Hell." haha

Also, Shida challenged Yoshiko for the Oz Academy belt on June 3. Crazy she'll be able to return that early from a broken ankle that required surgery.

• 4 weeks later...