DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Hopefully the 2/28 Sendai Girl's show makes tape. Great card...(Outside the opener...maybe.)

Sakura Hirota vs. X

DASH Chisako vs. Heidi Katrina

KAORU vs. Cassandra Miyagi

Meiko Satomura & Hikaru Shida vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Mio Momono

Chihrio Hashimoto & Mika Iwata* vs. Hana Kimura & Aja Kong

*Yes, Mika went back to her old name after her match against DASH on the 22nd.

• 3 weeks later...

Per the new WON

Stardom’s Kris Wolf will be returning tot he U.S. to tour Europe and work in the U.S. She was unable to get a new visa. She was living in Japan full-time and doing a regular job, and working all the shows as a second job. But her regular job got her visa and they didn’t get her a new one, so she has to return home, at least for now.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:38 AM, Brian Fowler said:

For 20 years now I've been saying I'm going to get into Joshi and I still haven't.

So I've started watching a bit of Stardom.  Just a few matches so far. I'm enjoying it. But watching a 17 year old talk about challenging for the white belt at her last Korakuen show before she graduates high school makes me feel so very old.

Yeah the visa thing was either fixed or was bullshit in the first place. Kris just seems to be leaving in general. It honestly doesn't surprise me since she seemed ready to travel the wrestling world last year and kind comes across just a little bit as the free spirit type in general.

5 hours ago, monstermike87 said:

The fact that Sendai Girl's can keep Heidi Katrina's visa current but Stardom can't sponsor their own trainee in Kris Wolf is ridiculous. Like, that's just embarrassing. 

Stardom wasn't her visa sponsor, it was with the job she was doing and they scaled back.  Stardom could have gotten her on the same temporary visas that their other foreigners get but that would have affected everything else in her life in Japan.  She probably saw this as a chance to go explore other opportunities. But I have a feeling she might be back some day.

In other news, Sendai Girls is holding a Joshi Puroresu Sports Festival.  It will not be wrestling but various athletic competitions - like Tug-o-War, dodgeball, jump-rope, etc - on 4/14 in Kawasaki.  Here are the teams:

Stardom: Mayu Iwatani, Jungle Kyona, Tam Nakano, Natsuko Tora, Momo Watanabe, Azumi, HZK, Shiki Shibuasawa, Saki Kashima

Wave: Yumi Ohka, Hiroe Nagahama, Asuka, Nagisa, Nozaki, Yuki  Miyazaki, Rina Yamashita

Diana: Kyoko Inoue, Jaguar Yokota, Kaoru Ito, Keiko Aono, Ayako Sato, Sareee

Marvelous: Chigusa Nagayo, KAORU, Tomoko Watanabe, Takumi Iroha, Mio Momono, Rin Kadokura

Pure J: Commando Bolshoi, KAZUKI, Leon, Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Raideen Hagane, Yako Fujigasaki

Special Team #1: Hikaru Shida, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Sakura Hirota, Syuri, Hana Kimura

Special Team #2: Reina Isis, La Harochita, Yuiga, Alex Lee

They are still hoping to get more teams and wrestlers before the show starts.

So things I've learned recently.

Io Shirai is as good as I have heard. Maybe even better.

Odeo Tai are awesome.

Tam Nakano is adorable. Not in a "I'm attracted to her" kind of way, but the way a little kid doing something goofy is.

Holy fuck Stardom has a lot of belts for how few wrestlers there appear to be.

Mayu Iwatani is also really good.

I'm very old and this company is full of kids.

• Like 2

Yeah. I'm not saying it's wrong too have belts, just they seem to have a lot in relation to roster size.

I've definitely seen enough to want to keep the subscription. Shirai vs Kagnetsu is gonna be awesome.

Whats funny is the roster might actually be the biggest its ever been even with Kris leaving and Mimura retiring. Its just that so many are rookies or low on the totem pole having just left that phase. Stardom has unfortunately always had issues keeping talent long term. Had so many not left, been hurt, or been released they would be 2-3 times the size they are now.