DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, J.H. said:

30 years as an active wrestler, and she ain't gettign any younger. Toyota has kept the faith longer than most. There was a tiem I adored her, then I became critical of her and finally found the balance of just enjoying watching her do her thing and try to enjoy it until the ride came to an end. Now the ride is finally ending aand I find myself looking back more fondly on her.

James

I've really enjoyed her recent run where she's basically Tsukushi's mother.

Rebel is hardly the worst gaijin Stardom has brought over in the last year. While I am personally not a fan of it, that is how they fill out their middle/low card, by using cheap gaijin. She's no worse than Lizzy Styles, Courtney Stewart, Zoe Lucas, or Christi Jaynes. I imagine she will be in the gaijin tag slot, not challenging Io. Havok is actually more the type they'd have in a few big matches, if that makes you feel better ;)

30 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Rebel is hardly the worst gaijin Stardom has brought over in the last year. While I am personally not a fan of it, that is how they fill out their middle/low card, by using cheap gaijin. She's no worse than Lizzy Styles, Courtney Stewart, Zoe Lucas, or Christi Jaynes. I imagine she will be in the gaijin tag slot, not challenging Io. Havok is actually more the type they'd have in a few big matches, if that makes you feel better ;)

I actually think Havok is pretty overrated, and slow+ boring. So no it d doesn't.  

So is Konami in a similar position as Yuhi was with Stardom? Not technically signed to the roster, but primarily works there and is allowed to compete for singles belts. 

They seem to be booking her more like a Stardom talent than say Yoneyama, or Kagetsu.  

It will be interesting to see if she actually wins any singles belts though. They are definitely booking her more than they usually do Freelancers, but I'm not sure how far up the ladder she can go without being an official roster member. But she is young enough that it won't be an issue for awhile, its not like she is on the level yet to beat Kairi or Io anyway. I've been a fan of hers since her debut so I'm excited to see her doing so well and getting more exposure.

Watched the Kimura/Iwatani from the recent Korakuen Hall show and after the match, Kimura gets on the mic and pretty much calls out Iwatani for "drifting away from Stardom".  Seems to confirm the "retirement" talk with Mayu lately.

Well, or that they are turning it into a storyline because it leaked out. Mayu has been criticized in the past by Stardom for not taking it as seriously as they would like, I never saw her as a lifer partly due to that but I wouldn't take a post-match promo as too much evidence.

Goddamnit I really wanted to see Kairi and Io in the WWE, and now with Kairi retaining over Konami, and no announcement in sight  I doubt it's happening . 

It was really something I was looking forward to, now I wish there was never any reports  from Meltzer this second time, at least then I wouldn't have got my hopes up. 

Since I know that some people are "into" Korakuen attendances, after a slow January, March treated Joshi promotions pretty well:

3/9 - Stardom, 975
3/16 - SEAdLINNNG, 802
3/20 - Stardom, 820
3/26 - Ice Ribbon, 1039

There are too many factors to really compare one to another (different day of the week, holidays, event cards, other shows going on the same day, etc.) but I am sure that all the promotions are satisfied with those numbers. A solid month all the way around. (WAVE is the exception as usual but they never draw well at Korakuen). The first three of those shows already aired and are available if you know where to look, Ice Ribbon airs on Nico at some point soon.

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Since I know that some people are "into" Korakuen attendances, after a slow January, March treated Joshi promotions pretty well:

3/9 - Stardom, 975
3/16 - SEAdLINNNG, 802
3/20 - Stardom, 820
3/26 - Ice Ribbon, 1039

There are too many factors to really compare one to another (different day of the week, holidays, event cards, other shows going on the same day, etc.) but I am sure that all the promotions are satisfied with those numbers. A solid month all the way around. (WAVE is the exception as usual but they never draw well at Korakuen). The first three of those shows already aired and are available if you know where to look, Ice Ribbon airs on Nico at some point soon.

Dont know how legit that number could be for IR tbh as far as paid

23 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

3/9 - Stardom, 975
3/16 - SEAdLINNNG, 802
3/20 - Stardom, 820
3/26 - Ice Ribbon, 1039

The super happy friends fight club wins again!

Although tbf, Ice Ribbon had a pretty stacked card for that show.

On 3/6/2017 at 2:17 PM, lostinube said:

Michiko Omukai lives in Yamaguchi prefecture now where she has a business (or more than one, I'm not really sure). She makes appearances with Gamushara Pro Wrestling in Kitakyushu as part of the gWo. She doesn't really wrestle anymore and that photo used of her isn't current. She looks much thinner now.

http://ameblo.jp/egoist5/image-12251560299-13877973480.html

http://www.gam-pro.com/wrestler.html

at last, its happened

ytLvQRI.jpg