DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

11 hours ago, Hoope said:

Nope. That was the NHK "Giving You a Dropkick" special Act Yasukawa is doing as a supporting role to Ayako Imoto. Kairi and Kyona were in their gear in pics of it, Kris, Mimura and Natsuko were also there, according to Act she got to wrestle again while they were filming but only for 4 minutes or so w/Wada as a ref, but Stardom itself never publicly recognized their involvement in it(probably cuz it comes out in March). JWP is also involved in the filming of it.

This AKB drama is a different deal. There's no real wrestler involvement as far as I know of besides the split second shots of Stardom footage in the trailer and Milano Collection AT in the 1st "Road To" video

Stardom did have involvement in the AKB drama. 

I guess this is my fault for not poking around enough, but someone on Twitter alerted me today of a way to buy Tokyo Joshi Pro via a streaming service. I am not sure if this will change once DDT Universe comes out in a few weeks, but for now I get to watch the first full Tokyo Joshi Pro event I've ever seen. Not that I expect anyone else to be equally insane to pay for this, but you can find the site here. They have PG-13 content too so I wouldn't open that at work.

Still no way to watch Diana. My Holy Grail :( But in the last few months I have gotten to watch non-televised WAVE, Stardom, JWP, REINA, Ice Ribbon, HERO, and now Tokyo Joshi Pro events so I think overall I have been successful. Finding the televised stuff is easy but I'm stubborn and need more.

Suprised no one is talking about the RIZIN working relationship with STARDOM I believe it is. They had a series of women's matches at the RIZIN Fan Expo during the December RIZIN events.

Gabi Garcia was scheduled to fight Shinobu Kandori, but Kandori pulled out and Gabi ended up making short work of Yumiko Hotta in one of the funniest MMA fights of all time.

Hotta running ropes in an MMA fight is one of the bizarrest things I've ever seen.

Also there's a confrontation between a ton of female Japanese pro-wrestlers and Gabi and also someone named Jazzy Alpha Female confronts and challenges Gabi to a fight. All I know about Jazzy is that she's a German pro-wrestler with a 1-0 in MMA record. I'm guessing she wrestles in STARDOM too.

Stardom doesn't have a working relationship with RIZIN, none of the wrestlers on the Expo were from Stardom. It was just a collection of Joshi wrestlers from different promotions (Marvelous, WAVE, Actress girl'Z, JWP, and Ice Ribbon all had wrestlers on the show), I took it more as a fun one-off type thing for the Expo than any promotion having a deal with them, although they better not somehow convince Nagayo to have a MMA match. Alpha Female has been a regular in Stardom in the past but hasn't been in the promotion since last spring and is a Freelancer, I don't think she is representing any particular promotion in RIZIN.

Stardom is apparently working on a working relationship with Ring of Honor however, judging by the dirtsheets and Delirious being at the Stardom show last week. ROH has never been particularly serious about their women's division, but if they are going to try to be than working with Stardom isn't a bad place to start.

I believe they are starting to get serious about their women's division, as they've brought in some outsiders recently such as Jessica Havok and Candice LeRae. Ring of Honor is kind of a shit show at the moment, but I'd still love to be able to turn on the TV and watch Stardom wrestlers.

Also, Hotta vs. Garcia and the aftermath is the best. Had to show it to friends. Incredible.

You maybe right, it may not be a relationship with STARDOM, but I know I read somewhere Sakakibara priased the female Japanese matches form the Fan Expo and I know he mentioned Chigusa and wanting to work more with female Japanese pro-wrestlers.

I'm pretty sure he's going to look to get a couple of the bigger names to fight on future RIZIN cards this year as RENA's fight was when the ratings peaked for the show and he's already talked about possibly making an all WMMA Grand Prix this year.

Sumie Sakai being booked in Stardom and wrestling in a WOH shirt probably means they have already established something.

The only good that comes from Stardom working with WOH is that WOH won't be showing up on SEAdLINNNG cards anymore.

Honestly I think people may be jumping the gun on that as the pics that has Delirious with the Stardom crew is from around the NJPW dome show time frame. I read Sakai was there for similar reasons. I imagine working with a friend in Kimura one last time while she was around was more likely the reason Sakai worked Stardom.

• Like 1

I thought the WOH/Seadlinnng deal was weird cause Veda Scott did her tour with her leaving ROH after and ODB main eventing the last Seadlinnng show with Nanae but she's on that TNA Final Deletion Show. 

I thought Sumie Sakai working the Stardom was her being with Kimura one last time before her retirement too. I feel like Stardom is keeping their options open in terms of working with anybody overseas. 

As for the Sendai Girls show that just happened. 

Spoiler

I'm disappointed they took the belt off of Chihiro. I don't mind Aja Kong (look at my avi) but I thought you had to keep Chihiro as Champ for her to become more of a star. 

• Like 1

Why are you keeping that in spoilers? Considering how random Sendai can be with their shows showing up I don't really think that was necessary. That result doesn't surprise me. She isn't that good yet and a new chase story for her could be good.

I figured the path all along was Chihiro would win one easy defense so she wasn't a one-and-done, then lose it to an established vet. She is so early in her career I don't think a prolonged run with her beating long time vets along the way would have been the best move, sometimes the fun is in the chase.

• Like 1

This is the Sendai Girls' show from earlier today we are talking about, for those that don't feel like poking around:

• Mika Shirahime and Syuri vs. Mio Momono and Konami
  • Cassandra Miyagi vs. Hikaru Shida 
  • Hiroyo Matsumoto and Eiger vs. Meiko Satomura and Alex Lee 
  • DASH Chisako and KAORU vs. Command Bolshoi and Kyoko Kimura
  • Sendai Girls World Championship: Chihiro Hashimoto vs. Aja Kong

Every match has at least one wrestler I like, luckily it does air next week on niconico which means it should be in full. Hopefully more Sendai Girls' events will make it onto nico this year, I have no idea how that process works but its the easiest way to keep up with Joshi so the more promotions that are on it the better.

I'm not surprised at all that C-Hash lost to Aja--this seems straight out of the GAEA playbook where youngster gets her big win, then gets put back in her place and gets to chase and get her ass kicked for a few years.

Miyagi and Shida should be cool because Cassandra is so effing weird.  I actually kind of want to see Cassandra teamed with Chisako in a tag team because they are the two darker, weirder ones in Sendai Girls and I'm not very enthusiastic about KAORU at this point.  Would have loved it if Sachiko hadn't retired (or we at least had gotten that Shirai Sisters vs Jumonji Sisters tag with everyone in their prime), but she decided to start a family and is expecting.

Photos I saw on Twitter indicate the Kimura/Bolshoi vs Chisako/KAORU match was pretty emotional, as it's Kyoko's last Sendai match and she was very close to both Chisako & Sachiko.

Meiko & Syuri are scheduled for singles again in March.

Spoiler

Mika finally won a match, getting a pinfall over Momono.  I think those two are meeting again in singles at Sendai's next show.  I see Konami got more work, as she was subbing for the injured Hana Kimura.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Why are you keeping that in spoilers? Considering how random Sendai can be with their shows showing up I don't really think that was necessary. That result doesn't surprise me. She isn't that good yet and a new chase story for her could be good.

I was being considerate to people that wanted to see the show on Nico Nico spoiler free. 

13 minutes ago, JML said:

I was being considerate to people that wanted to see the show on Nico Nico spoiler free. 

Ah, makes sense though as Kevin said this really isn't thread to go if you want to avoid spoilers. I also didn't realize the show was airing on Nico at the time.

JML is just a nicer person than I am.

Tokyo Joshi Pro appears to have some really solid young wrestlers. I know they are DDT-owned but I wish some of them get a chance to 'branch out' at some point, if they desire to. Not all of the wrestlers there are top notch of course but Syoko Nakajima and Miyu Yamashita in particular look quite good.