DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Since they are gaijin-happy, Awesome Kong still wrestles. I personally thought she looked like she lost a few steps in her SEAdLINNNG match last year but I think she still has a bit of a name in Japan and would be a good base for the Stardom wrestlers.

She is so injured she moves slower than Viper these days. She is also acting in the Netflix GLOW show, as Big Bad Mama one assumes.

9 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Since they are gaijin-happy, Awesome Kong still wrestles. I personally thought she looked like she lost a few steps in her SEAdLINNNG match last year but I think she still has a bit of a name in Japan and would be a good base for the Stardom wrestlers.

Sorry, double post...

It's odd how after 40 years in the business, people don't get that Rossy Ogawa has and always will bring over gaijin.
He didn't need to in the 1990's because there were so many Japanese girls. But he grew up in the era where he was fascinated with the male gaijin wrestlers. He liked the gaijin more than the Japanese stars when he was a kid. Lou Thesz, Fritz Von Erich, Bruno Sammartino, all the names that toured Japan.

When he joined All Japan Women, they ran the same system, Japanese vs Foreigners. It was a style he loved and working in that office from the bottom up, he adopted it as his own style. 

As long as he promotes, he will always bring over gaijin. And in doing so, he doesn't need to work with anyone that does not want to cooperate.

If you think he will absolutely need to change this in the future...guess again.

I realize this isn't something I should complain about, but I am overwhelmed at the moment by the amount of Joshi that became available in the last few weeks. I have two Oz Academy shows to watch, two WAVE shows, finally now watching Sendai Girls', and recent Ice Ribbon just popped up. I have no idea how PUNQ used to do it when he reviewed every single show in the world, I need more free time.

On 10/27/2016 at 11:57 PM, donsem43 said:

Well, apparently 2ch is adding Hikaru Shida, Makoto, and Hiroyo Matsumoto to the list of women talking to WWE.

I pray Io and Hojo is enough to fill Global Wrestling Monopoly's joshi quota.

The more of my favorite wrestlers that want to come to the US the better, that way I can see them in person :). Shida has wanted to go to WWE for awhile, I'd be really happy for her if she at least got into the hypothetical women's tournament.

I hope Io wins tonight just to keep people on their toes, a lot of people online seem to assume that Yoko Bito will win (and she might have already been slated to win), but Io isn't leaving immediately and will have more chances to drop the belt.

To be fair, I'd be concerned if they didn't hype the match. But any Io match is bound to be good, looking forward to watching it on the 5th as it was a pretty stacked card. Luckily it airs at 9 AM EST which isn't an unreasonable hour to get my ass out of bed.

Literally every Korakuen Hall main event is 'MOTY' according to the We.Are.Stardom guy. I'm sure it was a great match though.

Io will be hosting her own 10th anniversary produced show on 3/9 at Korakuen next year. I imagine that will be her last show.

I wonder who she drops the belt to now.

Depends on how much shuffling they feel like doing and if Kairi is hanging around. It would be a pain to work out perfectly without looking artificial, but ideally someone like Jungle or a decent gaijin would get the High Speed, Mayu ends up with the Wonder since she has out-grown the High Speed, and Kairi get the World. Just kinda move everyone up one.

If nothing else, all this Kairi and Io talk is "good for business" as my website has had its most successful three day stretch in its entire brief history. Not that I had any special insight on the situation, I'm just a random guy that likes Joshi.

I enjoyed all three Shida/Syuri tag matches I've watched in the last two days, one in Sendai Girls' and two in Oz Academy. Course they are two of my favorite wrestlers anyway which probably helped, but they work really well together. At first I thought it was just something fun they were doing for a few shows but since they have matching outfits and a title I'll assume it will last at least awhile longer.

What was the deal with that Fuji TV special? Deal fell through? Low ratings?

Obviously they were going to do more shows with Io attacking masked Mayu at the end. Was Blossom supposed to be the WRESTLE-1 to Stardom's All Japan? Even had Kei Grant as ring announcer. 

1 hour ago, .STAP said:

Literally every Korakuen Hall main event is 'MOTY' according to the We.Are.Stardom guy. I'm sure it was a great match though.

Io will be hosting her own 10th anniversary produced show on 3/9 at Korakuen next year. I imagine that will be her last show.

I wonder who she drops the belt to now.

That's funny considering the last matches I thought was Stardom's MOTY up to today were in Yokohama and Osaka. If you want to razz on something, at least get your story straight and then razz.

56 minutes ago, we.are.stardom said:

That's funny considering the last matches I thought was Stardom's MOTY up to today were in Yokohama and Osaka. If you want to razz on something, at least get your story straight and then razz.

I'm just going off of my memory of you raving about almost every Koraken main event... even the ones that weren't all that great like Io vs. Viper.

Was that Io vs. Storm or Iwatani vs. Bito in Osaka? Neither of them were what I would consider match of the year or even standout matches, really.

Oh, and while you're here: you want to address why you've been blocking everyone?

8 minutes ago, we.are.stardom said:

The 34 accounts that are blocked did something to warrant being blocked. It's in the best interest of the company to not be associated in any way with those accounts.

funny enough!

alright, let's rocket!

Looks like they ditched the Bito title win like I thought. From what I've seen through pictures and tweets, Kairi came out after the match. Didn't issue a challenge yet but I can see them running Kairi vs Io title for title match on the December 22nd Year End Show to get the belt off of Io if Kairi is staying.