DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

5 hours ago, Dshuks said:

Well that doesn't sound promising.

Losing Natsumi and Saori's presence on the shows ( although Saori doesn't really appear nearly as much)  would hurt. As they have some of the less basic move sets of the younger less experienced wrestlers on Stardom's shows.  I mean I don't think anyone thinks someone lie Arisu is going to be a Koguma level talent any time soon. 

It doesn't mean they are leaving anytime soon, but it's a partnership of sorts. Maybe it will last years, or maybe it won't. The whole premise was to give them experience and give us bodies. But we'll also have two new trainee debuts soon.

Finally caught the last day of the 5*GP. Tessa/Bito wasn't as bad as I thought it might be though still very flat with Tessa getting in too much offense. The show wasn't much, but the match I looked most forward to in Io/KLR delivered so I have few complaints.

So apparently Rosita (Thea Trinidad) aka  one of Dark Angel's tag partners from TNA is coming to stardom in december judging by the picture of the WWR stardom twitter posted. I wonder if this was a recommendation from Sarah as Thea really hash't been doing much wrestling lately?  

7 hours ago, donsem43 said:

That makes sense since Santana is teaming with Chelsea Green on that tour for Stardom's tag league. They offered Nixon Newell a spot but she turned them down. Pretty sure Deonna Purrazzo is coming in for early 2017 too.

An accurate statement would be Nixon isn't coming Oct-Dec. 

Oedo Tai won more titles today, as they defeated the Three Daughters of Stardom for the Artist of Stardom Championship. I am happy to see Oedo Tai having success since I've been calling for it all year, they are an 'over' unique act with talented wrestlers and it spices things up a bit. I don't think they have any wrestlers that right now can complete for the White or Red belts but I don't mind them dominating the tag belts. Plus, Hana Kimura wins another title which is a pleasant surprise since promotions in Japan are generally slow to push rookies/young wrestlers.

Toni Storm also officially joined Stardom which makes me so damn happy. I saw a comment over on purolove.com though that Santana was the first gaijin (not counting Wolf) to join. I already know that is somewhat incorrect as Chelsea would have been the first. I don't recall Santa joining at all. Did I miss that?

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Toni Storm also officially joined Stardom which makes me so damn happy. I saw a comment over on purolove.com though that Santana was the first gaijin (not counting Wolf) to join. I already know that is somewhat incorrect as Chelsea would have been the first. I don't recall Santa joining at all. Did I miss that?

It may just be semantics. If I recall, Chelsea was on a six-month contract last summer so I am not sure if she counts as officially joining Stardom but I sure as hell wouldn't count Santana either. She did a couple tours here and there but there were pretty big gaps between them. Unless something was recently announced and I missed it. Alpha Female was far more active than Santana but I don't think she was ever officially contracted.

Ha, I actually like it when that happens, giving long time vets that did a lot for Joshi a good sending off. And its just not for their sake, the fans seem to enjoy it too. The best year of Mio's career was her last year for example, I'd have hated it if she went out with a whimper and I didn't get to enjoy that.

I mean Dynamite Kansai has always been a bit of a selfish worker so she'd be winning all these matches if it was her retirement road or not ;)

Chelsea was the only gaijin that became an "official" member.

Everyone has a year contract, you won't see them work anywhere else in Japan for that one year.

Chelsea came for 3 months, and decided she wanted to stay for three more months. She was doing well enough with the fans that she was allowed to stay three more months. Usually entertainment visas are for 3 months.

On a brighter side, depending how you feel about Yoshiko, the 9/28 Seadlinnng show was another good show by the promotion. I thought the Arisa/Ryo match was borderline great, Nanae/Rina was a cracking kick ass match and Yoshiko/Aja Kong was a decent main event.

He was the ref for the top matches on both the 7/24 (Io/Toni)  and 8/5 (Hojo/Chelsea) shows.

I'll second the SEAdLINNNG recommendation and add the 8/14 JWP tag title switch between Best Friends/Nakamori & Kimura which was awesome.

On 10/5/2016 at 4:02 PM, .STAP said:

What did Hojo do to deserve this?

Oh those DAMN heartless native freelancers with other promotions to work at and hold some credibility on not wanting to job in random tags

Thank god for CHELSEA GREEN who hasn't lost a match ever in Stardom and is getting a random title shot her 2nd match back. More girls like her and overpushed Toni Storm pls