DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Was losing Anderson & Gallows that much of a big deal? I didn't think so.  I kinda thought AJ was going to have a short shelf life in NJ regardless, since he was eventually going to want to stay closer to home and not be out of the country every other month.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

They didn't lowball him the next time because his time in NJPW proved he was worth main event status/money. You keep talking about screwing over NJPW, but ultimately they lost about four guys. It hasn't hurt their attendances and seems to have forced them to finally move forward a little more.

No one really left to take though. Tanahashi isn't going and Okada made it very clear he wasn't going. Omega also wasn't going. I believe they also tried to get Fale, but he didn't want to go due to distance. Don't think they wanted Naito, Goto or Ishii.

On 5/5/2016 at 2:39 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

I found it odd that Kana wasn't at Mio's Retirement show (nor was Mio at Kana's farewell show for that matter) and Kana had no official interaction with Io in five years, but whether that was coincidence or not I can't say. 

She was at the Performance Center getting ready to start with WWE. They taped her contract signing a day or two after Mio's retirement.

15 hours ago, donsem43 said:

She was at the Performance Center getting ready to start with WWE. They taped her contract signing a day or two after Mio's retirement.

Yea, I just don't think that had much to do with it, I mean her start date was clearly flexible since she announced months in advance something was up in September, and it was a matter of days since Kana was still in Japan on the 15th. I don't think WWE would have cared if she was a day late. Plus they had plenty of time to do a 'farewell reunion' match if they wanted to, hell they even wrestled on the same card a few times leading up to Mio's retirement but didn't interact in ring. Also doesn't explain why Mio wasn't at Kana's farewell.

I am not judging either of them, their professional relationship isn't really any of my business, I was just a bit disappointed as a fan of both that we didn't get to see them in the ring together one last time.

• 2 weeks later...

so, WAVE network is on for today. you can subscribe it for 800yen/month. probably they start free 1 month trial to bring much subscibers. you can watch many past event including CATCH THE WAVE tournament this year. so far still put a lil bit match in their catalog and quality isn't HD btw due they still corporated by ParadiseTV (Basically SD360p). but still worth to watch!
http://pro-w-wave.com/wave_network

1464266935908.jpg

Any links leading to the WAVE Network are currently down.
The three sisters of Stardom were on the cover of last week's Weekly Pro Wrestling which is the first solo female cover this year (Meiko Satomura shared a cover with Minoru Suzuki at the beginning of the year) and the first since Kana debuted in NXT. I believe this is Kairi Hojo's 2nd time on the cover.

1 hour ago, lostinube said:

Any links leading to the WAVE Network are currently down.
The three sisters of Stardom were on the cover of last week's Weekly Pro Wrestling which is the first solo female cover this year (Meiko Satomura shared a cover with Minoru Suzuki at the beginning of the year) and the first since Kana debuted in NXT. I believe this is Kairi Hojo's 2nd time on the cover.

I got this email from WAVE (Google Translated):

-------------------------------------

Everyone in advance your registration to WAVE NETWORK 

Much trouble we have received registration, but the official opening of this service 
Becoming from 6/1. Free service period of the account you currently have you registered will be up to 5/31. 

Please note that will be billed at the 6/1 stage. 

If you wish to use in one month free, We remove the current registration details, we would appreciate the registration than the official opening date of the anew 6/1. 

that's all, thank you very much. 

You gave registration to much effort, the official opening of this service is from June 1. 
It becomes until May 31 during the free service period of the account of the registration. 

You will be targeted for charging at a stage of June 1. 

When you want to use one month free of charge, please delete the current registration contents.And please register on official opening day of June 1. 

Thank you. 

-----------------------------------

I had registered but not paid anything, which is how they had my email.

Well it was the important three they kept, I still wonder what kind of trouble they'd be in if Io got hurt. Which with her style isn't outside the realm of possibility. They have a very small roster of contracted natives, like eight or so if my memory is correct. Although technically I guess Bito can be added to that list, even with the massive gap in time.

For those looking to sign up for the WAVE service, I wrote a guide to help people since it is in Japanese and isn't incredibly user friendly since the text is on images so it won't as easily translate.

22 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Well it was the important three they kept, I still wonder what kind of trouble they'd be in if Io got hurt. Which with her style isn't outside the realm of possibility. They have a very small roster of contracted natives, like eight or so if my memory is correct. Although technically I guess Bito can be added to that list, even with the massive gap in time.

For those looking to sign up for the WAVE service, I wrote a guide to help people since it is in Japanese and isn't incredibly user friendly since the text is on images so it won't as easily translate.

One of them is going to get hurt, it's just the question of when.

• 2 weeks later...

A question from left field I know, but can anyone confirm the identity of the Cookie Monster voiced man that's seemingly at every STARDOM event? Like is he a famous graps fan over there? He should be. 

If he has Twitter or something, I'd love to know because for me I crack up everytime I hear him yell "IOOOOO" or "MAYUUUU" in that insanely gravely voice. Seems to not like Kairi though....never cheers for her. 

I have no idea (if you could link me to the vid I can confirm)  but it sounded like was having an emotional breakdown having to root for both of his favorites when Io faced off against Mayu a couple of weeks ago. 

I have this theory that he's wearing the W*ING shirt in the exercise event they held but I'm obviously just pulling that out of my ass and have no support for that theory. It just makes sense in my head.