DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Stardom World uploaded another show, the November 23rd show from Nakata. Nothing exactly must see quality wise, but the main event is Io vs. Santana Garrett title vs. title.

Oh hey. That's the show I went to. Io vs. Santana was disappointing. The way the match ended was anti-climatic and seemed sort of abrupt.

Not sure, I know they switched to wanting to use real names on youtube so I am not sure if someone found a way around that.

Youtube keeps sending me to some kind of login for Google. Do I need to get a Google account and a Youtube account, and who and how do I pay?

Not sure, I know they switched to wanting to use real names on youtube so I am not sure if someone found a way around that.

Youtube keeps sending me to some kind of login for Google. Do I need to get a Google account and a Youtube account, and who and how do I pay?

Not sure about the first question (probably) but I paid with Paypal through the Youtube subscription channel. Course my google account already had my paypal account so it was just automatic. Everything is so integrated these days.

The 2015-09-04 and 2015-09-05 5* Grand Prix shows have been added, in addition to the day by day uploading of the February 28th Osaka show. Haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet.

What is the difference between the Youtube channel and the Niconico one?

The NicoNico channel is live, professionally shot pay-per-view while Stardom World is ringside "fancam footage" of every show. The quality is great, HD and well filmed.

It remains to be seen what the shows that are aired on Samurai and NicoNico will look like when they presumably add them.

All they have said schedule-wise that I know of is that after a weekend with an event, Monday - Friday they will upload one match a day from that show. Other than that it is just random older events, interviews, etc. I assume soon they will run out of old shows as they are uploading events that were filmed at ringside by Stardom and I don't know how far back they have done that.

All they have said schedule-wise that I know of is that after a weekend with an event, Monday - Friday they will upload one match a day from that show. Other than that it is just random older events, interviews, etc. I assume soon they will run out of old shows as they are uploading events that were filmed at ringside by Stardom and I don't know how far back they have done that.

I think they've done that right from the start. For the first couple of years they regularly released "Season sets" that included many, if not all of their house shows shot in a similarly simple fashion.

As for their release schedule, it appears, based only on a couple of weeks, that they have one day by day show per week and then one or two older shows released all at once.

And we have answers to some of the questions. Stardom have uploaded their very first show, which is the first card shown on TV they have added. As far as I can tell the matches are the TV edits (multiple cameras etc), but everything except for the matches is cut out.

BTW, for the most recent show they had subtitles for everything except for the in-match banter. Interviews and post match back and forth etc.  were all very well subtitled. I haven't noticed them doing any subtitling for the older shows they have added.

And we have answers to some of the questions. Stardom have uploaded their very first show, which is the first card shown on TV they have added. As far as I can tell the matches are the TV edits (multiple cameras etc), but everything except for the matches is cut out.

BTW, for the most recent show they had subtitles for everything except for the in-match banter. Interviews and post match back and forth etc.  were all very well subtitled. I haven't noticed them doing any subtitling for the older shows they have added.

Poor Iwatani looks every bit of the debut wrestler.

And they were right. The first match of the 3/12 show is up and there is a hard-cam in addition to the ringside one.

Just to say a few words about last weeks show. They were without most of their foreigners (all of the good ones), which meant the mid-card was heavily focused on their youngsters. Thankfully they all stepped up. Watanabe in particular has really benefited from the addition of the rookies which gives her someone roughly on her level to compete with. Really hope Anou is a regular going forward, she may be my favourite right now.

A Really hope Anou is a regular going forward, she may be my favourite right now.

Watched her match against Hojo.  Got in a lot more offense than I was expecting.  I'm thinking that Superplex into a Fisherman's Suplex could be a finisher one day.

It has launched and Stardom already uploaded one event. Looks like they are putting up every show, even the small ones that weren't recorded for niconico/SamuraiTV. Fantastic value for $5 if they keep up with what they are saying the channel will be. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzHuZkzGJRUtzIqIVReNLdA

When I try to sign up, I get this error message:

Purchases are not available

Channels linked with a Google+ page, such as TrocarSlushWeasel, can't make purchases on YouTube.

To watch this video, you'll need to switch to your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx account.

The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx here is my real name, but I want to use TrocarSlushWeasel because I'm always in it and I don't want to have to switch back and forth.  Any workarounds?

Looks like this problem is moot.  I've paid with my personal account and I'm logged in with my TrocarSlushWeasel account and able to watch the videos.  Even though that Subscribe button is at the top, I'm able to go to any of the videos.  I guess I linked channels with Google at some point.

Really hope Anou is a regular going forward, she may be my favourite right now.

Glad I'm not the only one fond of Anou. I noticed she looked quite a bit better than usual wrestling girls from Actress girl'Z. I'm happy Stardom is doing the little trial series with her. Its really giving her the chance to show her potential there.

After becoming a fan of some of the idol groups in japan, I think it's pretty fair to say they are cutting into a lot of the joshi audience. The idol groups are so hot there now as a whole and I think for a lot of people, they get their fill through the idols instead of the joshi's, especially when you can meet just about any of them that you want.

• Like 1