DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Man, that's great.. any word on if Blossom is their show?

Funny that info on this thing is hard to find but it sounds like a WCW Saturday Night type show, some mix of wrestlers with angles advanced.  (Of course, it could also be some sort of Lucha Underground type show)  It had Viper vs Watanabe and Hojo/Mimura vs Io/Kyona.  It was a free show with tickets given away by lottery, so I'm still not sure what the deal is.  As well as all that and the Network coming up, they have a new CD with theme songs coming out and a tour of Europe coming in May.

Ooof... Ray announced she officially has brain cancer

Saw this on facebook. Its so disappointing to hear. Ray was one of the first wrestlers who caught my attention when I started watching current stuff ten years ago. I really hope she can recover from it.

I'm excited if that is STARDOM's show on Fuji TV. Definitely solidify them as #1 and would definitely get me interested in watching again, because the current production values are the primary reason why I don't.

Sad about Ray :/

EDIT: It's a documentary on STARDOM and they taped 3 matches at the 1st Ring.

Ooof... Ray announced she officially has brain cancer

Saw this on facebook. Its so disappointing to hear. Ray was one of the first wrestlers who caught my attention when I started watching current stuff ten years ago. I really hope she can recover from it.

Unfortunately she said it's inoperatable

Well, another retirement coming, Nishio (Maybach Wife) retired next month. earlier today she announced she was pregnant

I remember when she was just a kid getting beaten on by the old vets on the regular.  She was super nice to me but I don't think Toyota liked her too much.  Congrats and good luck to her.

Fuji TV listing on the Blossom thing. As was said before, it's a documentary and it will be focused on Shirai, Hojo and Iwatani (they are the つぼみ - tsubomi - or blossoms in question). Not a straight wrestling show - it looks like it will mix in training and down time stuff along with the taped matches. Not a regular program either, I think. It's going to be at 2 AM on a Sunday (Monday morning) which is where Fuji throws a bunch of different sports programming. Last week was speed skating world championships. Also, only it will only be broadcast in the Tokyo area.

Fuji TV listing on the Blossom thing. As was said before, it's a documentary and it will be focused on Shirai, Hojo and Iwatani (they are the つぼみ - tsubomi - or blossoms in question). Not a straight wrestling show - it looks like it will mix in training and down time stuff along with the taped matches. Not a regular program either, I think. It's going to be at 2 AM on a Sunday (Monday morning) which is where Fuji throws a bunch of different sports programming. Last week was speed skating world championships. Also, only it will only be broadcast in the Tokyo area.

They're really pushing Iwatani right now (well deserved IMO). I just watched the Stardom USA comm and she was featured way more than anybody else in the sightseeing and behind the scenes footage.

so, got some announcement from Stardom regarding to launched her network + price you should paid. this probably their matches was uploaded on Stardom YT Channel.

Here is the scoop for the Stardom channel that is coming.

It is a Youtube paid channel. 99% it will debut next week with the Feb. 28 Osaka card being the first card. Slight possibility it will be the following week. Matches will be uploaded daily. Usually shows will begin uploads on Monday (opening match) and Friday will usually be the main event.

Other content will be uploaded thru the week, such as Tea Time, which is sort of a shoot interview style program. Chelsea and Santana talked about everything from the girls in Stardom, to WWE experiences, TNA experiences, their first dates, karaoke with the Stardom girls, and on and on. We were shooting for each topic to be around 5 minutes, most were around there. Many segments were produced, to last throught the month, and we will be coming up with other segments as well. Also from time to time older Stardom shows will be uploaded.

The best part is that it will cost $5 USA, and the rough equivalent in other countries, so long as youtube allows a pay channel in your country. That is $5 a month to see every Stardom show each month. Details will be released this week on the Stardom facebook page and twitter.

It has launched and Stardom already uploaded one event. Looks like they are putting up every show, even the small ones that weren't recorded for niconico/SamuraiTV. Fantastic value for $5 if they keep up with what they are saying the channel will be. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzHuZkzGJRUtzIqIVReNLdA

When I try to sign up, I get this error message:

Purchases are not available

Channels linked with a Google+ page, such as TrocarSlushWeasel, can't make purchases on YouTube.

To watch this video, you'll need to switch to your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx account.

The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx here is my real name, but I want to use TrocarSlushWeasel because I'm always in it and I don't want to have to switch back and forth.  Any workarounds?