DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Why does Nanae insist on building promotion after promotion? With Yoshiko turning up is it safe to assume that her departure was due to Yoshiko getting rightfully terminated?

Yoshiko quit/fake retired, and Nanae left before Yoshiko.

I mean honestly, hasn't every fed/booking office Nanae started been there simply to have her (and her crew) stroke her own ego more or less?

Her whole "Last Successor of Zenjo-ism routine is old. She's getting as bad as Kyoko Inoue or Yumiko Hotta

James

I mean honestly, hasn't every fed/booking office Nanae started been there simply to have her (and her crew) stroke her own ego more or less?

Her whole "Last Successor of Zenjo-ism routine is old. She's getting as bad as Kyoko Inoue or Yumiko Hotta

James

Ouch, that's cold.

So, while Mio Shirai and Act Yasukawa have both retired from in-ring action, it seems that they're not ready to leave the business just yet. Mio has been reffing for the last couple weeks, and Act is gonna be the manager for Oedo Tai. 

Can't wait for her to ref an Oz Academy show, and have her trying to stop Ozaki. "Bitch, you were running with us a couple months ago!" lol

So, while Mio Shirai and Act Yasukawa have both retired from in-ring action, it seems that they're not ready to leave the business just yet. Mio has been reffing for the last couple weeks, and Act is gonna be the manager for Oedo Tai. 

Can't wait for her to ref an Oz Academy show, and have her trying to stop Ozaki. "Bitch, you were running with us a couple months ago!" lol

Makes sense. They both still seemed to enjoy wrestling, just retired for other reasons. Especially since Mio is married to a wrestler she is still going to be around, may as well get involved too.

James

Ouch, that's cold.

I've never been a big Nanae fan. I mean she basically became the last Zenjo disciple because there was really no one else to wave the flag and she has been milking it ever since the Matsunagas closed shop. Momoe was really the more talented of the 2 of them and she had to retire young because of injuries. I mean look at the post AJW history Nanae has. SUN collapsed (and wasn't very good), Triple Tails flopped because of personality conflicts with Kana and she was basically forced out of Stardom (with the Yoshiko incident being the excuse needed to oust her). She kept herself as the focus of these promotions even when she wasn't champion. Her cup of coffee with JWP was even one of those "Oh look she won he JWP Openweight and left real quick". I think her dropping that belt to Yoneyama felt like punishment for being hard to work with.

To me she has always just come off an egotist, at least as far as how she has herself booked.

James 

MIO is already a heel ref for Ozaki as of the OZ show Sunday.

MIO is already a heel ref for Ozaki as of the OZ show Sunday.

Ahh! So THAT'S how they get around it, lol 

So after expressing my apprehension about Yoshiko and how Seadlining using her could lead me to not support the promotion to Hudson Envy, the response I got was "Well that's you're opinion and you're entitled to it". Not sure how to tak that response but I still respect Hudson and like her work.

James

I mean, when Zenjo was around those last few years I actually enjoyed Nanae and rooted for her when Maekawa was kicking her ass in front of 30 people in Korakuen and stuff. I think I was the only one actually rooting for her back then, but could it be that she was a bitch all those years behind the scene but had girls like Maekawa to check her ego?

I could see that happening as it was Nanae, Maekawa, Noumi, Watanabe, AK, Hikaru, and Maemura as the main roster girls with freelancers around. She probably got the big head immediately after Momoe took off because she knew it was her chance to finally shine.

Where do ya'll watch Joshi and how can I watch me some?

There is a facebook group that uploads Joshi, but I don't have Facebook so it doesn't do a lot for me. I am uploading matches but I keep them private just so they won't get deleted, you can find my list here. Current plan is to upload the best match from each 2016 show as they air, plus occasionally plug in some older matches.