DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that STARDOM ganked the CLIMAX name for their year end show from JWP this year and JWP ran "Crunchy Hurricane". Was this intentional because JWP had been using the CLIMAX title for their year end show for the longest time

James

I completely understand the subjectiveness of such a thing, but for those interested I ranked the Top 20 Joshi Wrestlers of 2015. Mostly for fun but also to help people know what wrestlers/matches to seek out if they were looking for Joshi to watch from this year.

I agree with your #1 though from her key matches for the yeaar her 5 Star Grand Prix Match against Hudson Envy wasn't lidsted. That was probably my favorite match of the tourney (though I've yet to see the final)

James

Just finished watching the Satomura/Shirai from the STARDOM Year End Climax show, and holy shit does it deliver.

I just recently got back into Joshi after a decade, and it's great to see that Meiko is still consistently great after all these years. Io eats some horrific kicks, and I thought the finish was a great cap to this Sendai Girls invasion. Io is also a maniac with the bumps that she takes during this match, and I can't wait to see her v. Hojo next year. 

Must see stuff IMO. 

I've seen the highlights but not the full match.

Still think it was pointless to have Hojo win the 5 Star and then not win the title back from Satomura.

I really love watching Stardom, its a damn fun promotion. Even with Act gone now I'm still interested (and it seems Hudson Envy is done there too sadly, as she seems to be hyping Nanae's new vanity project).

Also, Kris Wolf is adorable!

James 

really love watching Stardom, its a damn fun promotion. Even with Act gone now I'm still interested (and it seems Hudson Envy is done there too sadly, as she seems to be hyping Nanae's new vanity project).

I hope not. Envy was tweeting a lot about SEAdLINNNG even when she was still in Stardom last summer, I think she is just friends with and/or really likes Takahashi so was being nice. Since they had her in the finals of the GP, I hope once she heals from her injuries that they have her back.

Still think it was pointless to have Hojo win the 5 Star and then not win the title back from Satomura.

With the story being Kairi not being on Meiko's level it wouldn't have really worked well for her to win the belt back yet. Stardom doesn't have enough roster to really continue Meiko's reign, and Sendai having their own title made all of it probably end sooner than intended. Honestly, I thought the 5*GP should have been given to Envy or Mayu anyways.

really love watching Stardom, its a damn fun promotion. Even with Act gone now I'm still interested (and it seems Hudson Envy is done there too sadly, as she seems to be hyping Nanae's new vanity project).

I hope not. Envy was tweeting a lot about SEAdLINNNG even when she was still in Stardom last summer, I think she is just friends with and/or really likes Takahashi so was being nice. Since they had her in the finals of the GP, I hope once she heals from her injuries that they have her back.

Amazing how hinting to her on FB today that I look forward to seeing more of her in Stardom and her one word reply of "SEADLINING!" confirms my suspicions on that situation.

James

Amazing how hinting to her on FB today that I look forward to seeing more of her in Stardom and her one word reply of "SEADLINING!" confirms my suspicions on that situation.

James

I wish someone in Stardom would write a book about what its like behind the scenes. Although I have a feeling I'd like Io and Kairi a lot less if I knew backstage details :). We (we being another twitter person and Envy) were in a conversation chain on Twitter and he mentioned Io Shirai, Envy's response was "FUCK IO". I thought she may have just been storylining but... probably not. They were pushing her pretty hard for a gaijin so I just assumed she'd be back.

Yeah her tagline of being a "Takahashi Girl" and all of her "Seadlining" signs were apparently more than just a hint. Surprised to hear there is bad blood between her and Io. Figured with her placement in Odeo Tai, Hudson was going to be pushed even harder this coming year.

James