DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I am selective with wrestling shirts I wear and that one is a bit too out there for me. Luckily they rarely sell the shirts in my size so its a moot point.

Well, I know that's how they make a lot of their extra money, and since you can't just hand them money (in most cases) I'll buy some stuff.  The shirts and stuff, I can just give to my sister who loves anything Japanese.

2015-9-20MIO%E5%BE%8C%E6%A5%BD%E5%9C%92_

There's a triple card in Hakata this Wednesday of Oz Academy/WAVE/Big Japan but I'm skipping it (I would have skipped the Big Japan show anyway - one can watch only so many light bulb tubes being broken) mainly because Mio isn't going to be there. With her, Kana and Sakura Hirota gone, there's going to be gaps in tons of joshi cards for the time being.

Battle News

Kevin's recap of Mio's career

Oh, and not that she's going to read this but congrats on the engagement, Mio.

Yea pretty cool about the engagement and I find that a better reason on why she retired. I was already suspicious when she announced she had a neck injury and then wrestled in 125+ matches this year :) Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt she has nagging injuries after wrestling eight years but I am guessing the engagement had more to do with it. Even though I am a huge Kana fan, her leaving is just as hard, she was awesome.

Apparently Joshi Puroresu Legend Akira Hokuto diagnosed had a breast cancer and tomorrow she's going to hospital for undergoing surgery and removing her tumor which is taken a few months for this. it's hard to say but Get well soon and hope you back in television again as possible.

Apparently Joshi Puroresu Legend Akira Hokuto diagnosed had a breast cancer and tomorrow she's going to hospital for undergoing surgery and removing her tumor which is taken a few months for this. it's hard to say but Get well soon and hope you back in television again as possible.

That sucks.  Hope she gets over this quickly.

In happier news, Act Yasukawa made her comeback to the ring.

CPj6eBTVAAE_NVs.jpg

Bull Nakano also came out to meet up with her old rival Medusa:

11850073_898680693550131_651240225_n.jpg

• Like 1

This is terrible news and I wish for the speediest and fullest recovery possible for her. Easily my favourite female wrestler and top 5 all time period in my books. Incredible in-ring charisma, passion, selling, and psychology.

That sucks. Hope she gets over this quickly.

This is terrible news and I wish for the speediest and fullest recovery possible for her. Easily my favourite female wrestler and top 5 all time period in my books. Incredible in-ring charisma, passion, selling, and psychology.

according to Yahoo Sports Kensuke Sasaki announced she has been healing but need several months to recovery

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150924-00000097-dal-ent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

in the other news, Aoi Kizuki suffering knee injury after match at Yokohama Radiant Hall on September 23rd, several cards has been changed. no idea if Tag title will be stripped, but she will be back soon as possible. so, get well soon!

2015-9-23%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%
- http://iceribbon.com/news_detail.php?id=746
- https://www.facebook.com/JapanesePuroresuIchiban/photos/a.649601758467354.1073741828.649570988470431/

I think it is the same as a lot of wrestling situations, if they find a big star it could be relevant tomorrow. Or never. I mean as recently as 2013 Stardom was getting 1K+ every few months at Korakuen and 5K+ at Sumo Hall, then Yuzuki Aikawa retired. But I don't think any of the current crop will do it, it would have to be someone new that bridged that gap between casuals and hardcores. Which of course is always the goal but easier said than done.

I don't see it happening anytime soon to be honest, there aren't any current wrestlers that I get the vibe are going to suddenly draw new fans in exponential numbers.

I think it is the same as a lot of wrestling situations, if they find a big star it could be relevant tomorrow. Or never. I mean as recently as 2013 Stardom was getting 1K+ every few months at Korakuen and 5K+ at Sumo Hall, then Yuzuki Aikawa retired. But I don't think any of the current crop will do it, it would have to be someone new that bridged that gap between casuals and hardcores. Which of course is always the goal but easier said than done.

I don't see it happening anytime soon to be honest, there aren't any current wrestlers that I get the vibe are going to suddenly draw new fans in exponential numbers.

You never really know, and it won't be on one wrestler per say anyways. It will first take a promotion building up a solid base in story lines & talent. That is where the real problem lies. Too many promotions, too many talent freelancing or in the wrong promotions, and too many promotions not really giving a damn about building actual stories.