DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Out comes Kellie Skater and Tomoka Nakagawa to lay out a challenge for Tomoka’s retirement match. She wants the Canadian NINJAs! OUT COMES AJA KONG AND DYNAMITE KANSAI! Then Kimura and Ozaki! They beat down Skater and Tomoka! Ohata and Hiroyo run out!

* Tomorrow! Misaki Ohata, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Kellie Skater & Tomoka Nakagawa vs Kyoko Kimura, Mayumi Ozaki, Aja Kong & Dynamite Kansai

Any backstory on this? I can't imagine Prazak booked and flew all of them in for an unadvertised appearance and 1 match?

That's... pretty much what we did. ;)

11083857_882804278448481_114214646323016

• Like 5

Damn. I think that may be the best shape Shimoda's ever been in. I mean, she's always been in good shape, but I don't remember her being ripped like that before.

And has there ever been an instance of 2nd generation joshi wrestlers? From Japan, I mean; I know Luna Vachon and Tamina Snuka and Nattie Neidhart are all 2nd gen.

Damn. I think that may be the best shape Shimoda's ever been in. I mean, she's always been in good shape, but I don't remember her being ripped like that before.

And has there ever been an instance of 2nd generation joshi wrestlers? From Japan, I mean; I know Luna Vachon and Tamina Snuka and Nattie Neidhart are all 2nd gen.

The daughter of the guy who killed Rikidozan was a pro wrestler for a minute, does that count?  If the sons of Hokuto/Power Warrior aren't awesome wrestlers, it won't be their parents fault.  I'm having trouble thinking of any 2nd generation Japanese wrestlers period, men or women.

I remember Momoe posting pics of Mei and Mai doing crazy shit off their bunk beds a few years back and some people said Momoe was a bad parent for posting pics of it online. I think she was just happy to see her kids have fun

James

Strictly speaking Nattie is 3rd gen, as is Tessa Blanchard. Charlotte is also 2nd gen.

Also Lacey Von Erich is 3rd Gen.

Yes, yes. My point is that 2nd (and 3rd) generation American joshi wrestlers is a thing. Not so sure about in Japan, which is why I asked. Come to think of it 2nd generation wrestlers in general are hard to come by in Japan. I remember, in the Life in Japan thread, how Gordi said that one of Jumbo Tsuruta's kids liked watching wrestling, but wasn't interested in becoming a wrestler himself, and his other siblings weren't interested in wrestling at all. Wonder how common that is?

The WWE's First-Ever Female Trainer Is Ushering in a New Golden Era for Women Wrestlers | VICE | Australia / NZ https://www.vice.com/en_au/read/sara-del-rey-wwe-no-limit-to-what-this-generation-of-girls-can-do235

I'll just say that Sara was super nice to me when I met her in Japan years ago when she didn't know me from Adam and it's nice that she's able to pass her knowledge on.

Been getting into Joshi as of late. Taking my time.

Lo Shirai has caught my eye. Loving the Tiger Masks that she comes out to. Very colorful girl.

But, I am a fan of her theme. Can somebody find me a copy of it? I have looked online and haven't found anything. Sounds like something from the 80s honestly

The daughter of the guy who killed Rikidozan was a pro wrestler for a minute, does that count?  If the sons of Hokuto/Power Warrior aren't awesome wrestlers, it won't be their parents fault.  I'm having trouble thinking of any 2nd generation Japanese wrestlers period, men or women.

I would be a terrible fanboy if I didn't mention Katsuyori Shibata. His father was a JPWA midcarder.

Been getting into Joshi as of late. Taking my time.

Lo Shirai has caught my eye. Loving the Tiger Masks that she comes out to. Very colorful girl.

But, I am a fan of her theme. Can somebody find me a copy of it? I have looked online and haven't found anything. Sounds like something from the 80s honestly

Is it this one? That's what Japanese wikipedia says anyway.

Soooo, what's the context of this shirt Sakura Hirota is sporting?

That would be a reference to her double finger arse poke that she does quite regularly.  It's a Japanese thing.  I wish I could remember the word for it...I wanna say 'Kancho'? The character Faust does it as a super move in the fighting game Guilty Gear.

• Like 1