DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Just watched the Miyu Yamashita/ Yuka Sakazaki vs Millie McKenzie/ Billie Starkz match and it's really good.  I had never seen Millie McKenzie before and she's good.

She had a nice tag team with Charli Evans as Medusa Complex before her run in NXT UK

• Like 1

I'm a bit late but Marika Kobashi is back doing the wrestling thing. 

PPP Spicy Blue Moon ~ Beyond The Blue Sky

Chanyota and Rina Yamashita defeated Marika Kobashi and Natsu Sumire.

She's wearing mostly black now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

And Hikaru Shimizu challenged for the High Speed belt. I see some over on reddit are pissed because they don't feel like Sumo Hall worthy matches, but it feels most like like the norm to me with Stardom.

What do they want? 

Inter groups matches are some of the biggest matches companies can book. 

• Like 1

Stardom

From Purolove 

Spoiler

9. Goddess of Stardom - Final: Nanae Takahashi & Yuu besiegen Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani (20:08) nach einem Last Ride von Yuu gegen Kamitani.

Mayu is disappointed with Komomo.

• Like 1

Stardom Goddesses Tag League Finals

Spoiler

7Upp winning was disappointing for me as a fan and it seemed to be met with apathy from the crowd at the show. Neo Stardom Army just isn't that interesting to me or well defined as an invading unit. I enjoyed a lot of the matches in the tourney and particularly liked BMI2000's strong showing, so the finals were definitely underwhelming.

1 hour ago, quackhell said:

Stardom Goddesses Tag League Finals

Hide contents

7Upp winning was disappointing for me as a fan and it seemed to be met with apathy from the crowd at the show. Neo Stardom Army just isn't that interesting to me or well defined as an invading unit. I enjoyed a lot of the matches in the tourney and particularly liked BMI2000's strong showing, so the finals were definitely underwhelming.

Tbf I think most wrestlers who are new to the Stardom audience sans rookies go through the route of dislike/apathy to begrudging respect to eventual fondness/love. Natsu Sumire, Giulia, Mirai, Syuri, Maika, etc. all went through this. Thekla is one of the few I have seen instant like for be that with western fans watching on World or the live crowds.

I'm still behind at Historic X-Over but have enjoyed what I've caught of the tournament, especially BMI2000. Natsuko & Ruaka gel well, and Natsuko herself feels like she is even better than before despite still catching up somewhat in terms of in ring conditioning. NSA are a good team though I can definitely feel the apathy. Nanae has never been the most charismatic, and she is older than everyone else participating in Stardom semi-regularly or more. Still, she has looked generally good-great like her title match with Syuri. Still, I feel stuff like tournaments really should be given to longer term members/teams. This should have been MaiHime's or BMI2000's time.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1