DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Okay the first unused TJPW logo is the old Superstation WTBS logo font. It makes me wish TJPW had Fishing with Orlando Wilson as  lead inat 18:05 before getting pre-empted for Yomuri Braves game

James

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Looks like for the mixed tag matches technically the wrestlers are not supposed to mix. Although I guess we'll find out if Giulia is serious about ignoring the rule.

That seems like a silly rule to create considering every other joshi company has done mixed tags where the genders mix it up.

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

I''m watching Go Girl 3.  Juria Nagano is a doctor now?  Why is that?

Shes a nurse irl. And actress, karateka, professional wrestler and all the other jobs she done and does.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Dragon said:

Shes a nurse irl. And actress, karateka, professional wrestler and all the other jobs she done and does.

A true renaissance woman.

10 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

A true renaissance woman.

She should go, "JURIA! NAGANO! L-P-N!"  and sell t-shirts with blood on her face!

Really dug those Prominence matches, Suzu Suzuki's dedication to facing the best that deathmatch wrestling has to offer is extremely fun.

Also Toshiyuki Sakuda using Risa Sera's face to advertise his upcoming DIE show is a spot I always get a kick out of.

I've only just seen the 1st night of the 5☆GP but thought Giulia vs Hazuki was the standout of the show.

Trying to think if there was anything else I've seen lately of note. Hikaru Shida vs Ibuki Hoshi in Ice Ribbon at the end of July was awfully good.

4 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Hikaru Shida vs Ibuki Hoshi in Ice Ribbon at the end of July was awfully good.

YES IT WAS.

Sorry, I'm very excited today.

They team up against Makoto and Hamuko Hoshi on 9/24 for the International Ribbon titles, and I'm really looking forward to that one. Also, Saori Anou defending the Infinity title against Stephanie Vaquer was announced yesterday for that same show, and that should be great too.

6 hours ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

YES IT WAS.

Sorry, I'm very excited today.

They team up against Makoto and Hamuko Hoshi on 9/24 for the International Ribbon titles, and I'm really looking forward to that one. Also, Saori Anou defending the Infinity title against Stephanie Vaquer was announced yesterday for that same show, and that should be great too.

Through malware-infested means, I just watched that match.  So Hikaru Shida should definitely turn heel because she is awesome being a complete dick.  Ibuki Hoshi was great as our sympathetic babyface.

• Like 1

I'm surprised Shida didn't turn heel after carrying the division through the no audience era only to be discarded for Britt when the fans were back. Seems like a built in turn and would allow her to be more aggressive, less cutesy in the ring which would only help her. I'll check out the Hoshi match when I get a chance over the next few days.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Through malware-infested means, I just watched that match.  So Hikaru Shida should definitely turn heel because she is awesome being a complete dick.  Ibuki Hoshi was great as our sympathetic babyface.

Ibuki being the sympathetic babyface was made even better when you factor in that she's literally known Shida since she was a little kid and wanted the match so bad because she wanted to show how much she had grown as a wrestler. Ibuki posted this the day before the match to really make it so Shida was rubbing the salt in.

35 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

Ibuki being the sympathetic babyface was made even better when you factor in that she's literally known Shida since she was a little kid and wanted the match so bad because she wanted to show how much she had grown as a wrestler. Ibuki posted this the day before the match to really make it so Shida was rubbing the salt in.

Oh, that's terrific. That's a fantastic touch that I didn't see.

6 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Oh, that's terrific. That's a fantastic touch that I didn't see.

She did it the day before Tsukka's hiatus match as well, to show how much being Tsukka's partner for the final match before the hiatus meant. Ibuki is very layered as a person!

Utami of Stardom was in the Go Girl 3 crowd.

TJPW Portraits sold from 2022/08/24 12:00 JST - 2022/08/31 23:59 JST

Suzume: 178
Mizuki: 162
Nao Kakuta: 157
Yuka Sakazaki: 146
Rika Tatsumi: 137
Arisu Endo: 136
Maki Itoh: 112
Sayuri Namba: 107
Haruna Neko: 102
Yuki Kamifuku: 94
Pom Harajuku: 88
Shoko Nakajima: 86
Juria Nagano: 82
Yuki Aino: 78
Moka Miyamoto: 55
Miyu Yamashita: 54
Mahiro Kiryu: 51
Hyper Misao: 41
Kaya Toribami: 33

Saki Akai and Yuki Arai 2000 Yen Special Portraits:
Saki: Sold Out
Yuki: Sold Out

Saki Akai and Yuki Arai 4000 Yen special portraits:
A: 249
B: 138

TJPW Program V.17
Stock: 300
Sold Out

TJPW 2L from 8.14 and 8.15
(127x178mm or 5x7 inches)
All sold out except:
Miyu Yamashita
Hyper Misao
Yuki Aino
Mahiro Kiryu
Haruna Neko
Moka Miyamoto
Kaya Toribami
Raku

I finally saw the big SenJo show from July and Chihiro Hashimoto vs ASUKA was a fantastic match. Absolutely inevitable it would be great of course but. Top 10 joshi match for the year for me

Also apparently Hashimoto against Ryo Mizunami happens THIS SATURDAY, so I'll be keeping a close eye on their Youtube for when that gets uploaded.

Edited by Kropotkin's Beard
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Anchamu recently departed from her talent agency. Time for her to join one of the women groups.

She's at Ice Ribbon on Saturday... so... *ahem*