DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

Apparently she confirmed she has covid on twitter. Its a shame. That was easily the most interesting match on the show. Wonder how much it throws plans off and where they move the match to. I think the next big show that isn't GP related is on 11/3.

It was, but I'm still very excited to see Nanae in the main event, & Saya vs Himeka should be a fun replacement even if it won't touch the expected heights of Saya vs KAIRI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

It was, but I'm still very excited to see Nanae in the main event, & Saya vs Himeka should be a fun replacement even if it won't touch the expected heights of Saya vs KAIRI.

Himeka is a solid replacement though it somewhat disappoints me just because I'd rather Himeka win, and I know she won't.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lostinube said:

The Historic X-Over (which I guess is the official name) will have three mixed matches:

Tom Lawlor/Shuri vs Giulia/Zack Sabre Jr.

Hiroshi Tanahashi/ Utami Hayashishita  vs Hirooki Goto/Maika

Natsupoi/Tam Nakano/TAICHI/Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs El Desperado/DOUKI/Momo Watanabe/Starlight Kid

https://www.njpw1972.com/130419

Tam & Taichi being reunited is nice.

12 hours ago, lostinube said:

The Historic X-Over (which I guess is the official name) will have three mixed matches:

Tom Lawlor/Shuri vs Giulia/Zack Sabre Jr.

Hiroshi Tanahashi/ Utami Hayashishita  vs Hirooki Goto/Maika

Natsupoi/Tam Nakano/TAICHI/Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs El Desperado/DOUKI/Momo Watanabe/Starlight Kid

https://www.njpw1972.com/130419

I'm sure there won't be any intergender combos in the mixed tags but if there is, Giulia/Tom Lawlor is a dream match I never knew I wanted

49 minutes ago, porksweats said:

I'm sure there won't be any intergender combos in the mixed tags but if there is, Giulia/Tom Lawlor is a dream match I never knew I wanted

Its interesting as I was wondering the same thing. In the past both New Japan and Stardom have had no issues with intergender combos the very rare times it has come up in-ring. Typically puroresu hasn't really cared about that so I'm assuming there will be intergender action even if its just used as a transition. I don't see them doing the "force tag out" rule that WWE uses.

• Like 1

The Michiko Miyagi/ Maya Fukuda vs Chihiro Hashimoto/ Mika Iwata match from today's GLEAT show is totally fucking balls out.  Hashimoto is the best at this UWF rules match.  Iwata and Miyagi are surprisingly awesome in together.  Here it is:

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 2:18 PM, DEAN said:

The Michiko Miyagi/ Maya Fukuda vs Chihiro Hashimoto/ Mika Iwata match from today's GLEAT show is totally fucking balls out.  Hashimoto is the best at this UWF rules match.  Iwata and Miyagi are surprisingly awesome in together.  Here it is:

Man, that was starting to get going right before it ended.

I have a feeling someone is going to poach BOTH Chihiro and Mika Iwata from Sendai. 

• Like 1