DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Ice Ribbon is teasing me (and possible @DEAN) by having Stephanie Vaquer and Ibuki Hoshi having a pull-apart after their tag match today.

TEASING ME I SAY.

PuroLove

Stardom "NEW BLOOD 4", 26.08.2022
Shinagawa Intercity Hall

1. 3 Way Battle: Lady C vs. Chie Koishikawa vs. Ruaka
2. Hina vs. Tomoka Inaba 
3. Mai Sakurai & LINDA vs. Saya Iida & Momo Kohgo
4. Rina & Ram Kaichow vs. Waka Tsukiyama & Momoka Hanazono
5. Starlight Kid & Haruka Umesaki  vs. MIRAI & Ami Sohrei
6. Hanan vs. Aoi 
7. Miyu Amasaki Supernova 5 Match Series 2nd: Miyu Amasaki vs. Tam Nakano

The TV Asahi Pro Wrestling Election show is airing August 13th. It's part of a series where viewers vote on certain topics. Okada and Tanahashi are scheduled to appear. It's TV Asahi so expect it to be Bushi Road slanted.

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

I'm watching the 8/5/2022 NOMADS show.  When did Miyuki Takase go all Julia Hart and turn to the Dark Side?

Saw pics on twitter and was surprised. Was so happy to see Kyona at the show and across the ring from Rina no less. 

• Like 1

Okada is one of the tallest guys in NJPW so it just makes her look even shorter standing next to him. 

Lady C is booked as some kind of giant in Stardom but she's barely as tall as Shingo Takagi. Most of the Stardom wrestlers are in the 160 - 170 range. Most NJPW native juniors start at around 170ish. The only regular NJPW guy that would have to stand in the front of a group photo with the Stardom wrestlers to be seen is Taiji Ishimori.

We have new champions in Ice Ribbon!

(Okay it's the Tax Pro Wrestling Tag Team Titles. But still!)

Ram Kaichow and Saran beat Year 1 Class 9 to win the titles today. The previous champions were the Dropkickers who naturally couldn't defend with Tsukasa Fujimoto on hiatus and Tsukushi Haruka retired.

For those curious, Tax Pro Wrestling is a civic service show Ice Ribbon does to help people learn how to do their taxes. The shows are always quite fun, and this one had a lot of Triple Six involvement.

Hikaru Shida, champion once again. She beat Suzu Suzuki at WAVE's 15th anniversary show to become the Regina di WAVE champion. Suzu drops the title in her first defense (she was kind of a placeholder champion; Nagisa Nozaki had to vacate the title due to knee injury and Suzu won it just four weeks ago, so I suspect this was the planned switch anyway).

Edited by Stefanie the Human