DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

This is no way to start the second half of the year. Madeline is going to sub for her on this weekend's Ice Ribbon shows. Poor Mashiro.

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

It'd never happen but I'd be very into an Io freelancer run. Io vs. VENY, Io vs. Rina Yamashita, Io vs. a post-hiatus Tsukasa Fujimoto (that match has to my knowledge never happened! WTF!!!), Io vs. Maya Yukihi, Io vs. Chihiro Hashimoto...

I'll stop before I make myself cry.

It could happen.  FORBIDDEN DOOR!

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

It could happen.  FORBIDDEN DOOR!

Io vs. Ryo Mizunami...

Io vs. Ibuki Hoshi...

... Io vs. Hikaru Shida? It's never happened as a singles match.

?

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

This is no way to start the second half of the year. Madeline is going to sub for her on this weekend's Ice Ribbon shows. Poor Mashiro.

Very unfortunate. Especially as I thought she was pretty good in the recent match with Ibuki Hoshi in the title tournament.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

Very unfortunate. Especially as I thought she was pretty good in the recent match with Ibuki Hoshi in the title tournament.

I really enjoyed her whole tournament run as a cheating scoundrel, finding ways to take advantage of the rules so she could advance. I like that she found her strengths and is working towards them instead of trying to wedge herself into a specific type, which feels really common in joshi.

Evolution 

20 applications so far. Suwama reconciled with Shuji and Shuji has an eye for girls. 2 to 4 beginners will be decided.

9a30a4d45e39a05d2e13fac1958c60a9.jpg

Keep in mind visuals will matter in this promotion matter and they will compete against Stardom. 

Edited by Blue Dragon

New Blood

Miyu Amasaki will be the centre of the New Blood brand.

The Showcase is another brand. Another match is 4 way anywhere falls match, Tam Nakano vs. Koguma vs. AZM vs. Momo Watanabe.

Stardom results from Purolove in English 

Spoiler

Syuri was challenged by Tam Nakano to a match for the World of Stardom Title. The match is scheduled for July 23rd. take place in Nagoya.
- SAKI challenged Saya Kamitani to a match for the Wonder of Stardom Title.
- Nanae Takahashi showed up during Kamitani's victory celebration and explained that she was nominated by KAIRI as a tag team partner. She asked if anyone had the courage and passion to compete against her. Lady C promptly appeared and issued a challenge.
- Rina is the next challenger for the High Speed Title.
- Natsupoi betrayed DDM and joined the Cosmic Angels saying that she is not a DDM mascot nor their pet. She wants to realize herself alongside Tam Nakano. Giulia then declared her an enemy.

TJPW Summer Sun Princess was ridiculously fun!
(Spoiler Free Thoughts)
Loved the Suzume/Mei Suruga team!
Loved Hikari Noa's ring robe!
I finally watched a match with Riho where Riho was like actually fun to watch wrestle
Maki Itoh had her gutsiest performance against Alex Winter. I was not expecting her to bust out a Malenko Driver
Miyu and Thunder Rosa had an unexpected finish but the match was good
The Tag title match went almost 24 minutes but didn't feel it, this is a good thing

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2

5*GP Prediction:

With Poi and Giulia in the same Blockj I expect Poi to either pin Giulia or take her to a draw. Giulia will win the block though. This is her year.

James

Poi joining CA was the right move. The COLORS alliance will only last so long, and its not like they are around every show. This only bring the actual CA numbers up to 5. More to the point with Tam last year admitting plans to retire with in the next few years CA is going to need someone to take her place to lead. Unagi, Mina, and Waka were definitely not the people for that role. Natsupoi however could be rather easily.