DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Stardom results stuff happened 

Spoiler

The new super rookie of QQ Miyu Amasaki defeated Momo K. It's her first win.

STARS vs QQ  Cage match soon. 3 vs 3. Utami, AZM, Saya VS Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma.

CA absorbed Color's. CA & Colors Allied Force are now the largest faction in Stardom.

I am fairly new to Ice Ribbon and was just curious on the boards thoughts about who on the roster steps up to try and fill the big void left by Fujimoto and Haruka? Seems like there is plenty of young potential, but does Ice Ribbon push from within or rely on freelancers on top until the talent is ready?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, quackhell said:

I am fairly new to Ice Ribbon and was just curious on the boards thoughts about who on the roster steps up to try and fill the big void left by Fujimoto and Haruka? Seems like there is plenty of young potential, but does Ice Ribbon push from within or rely on freelancers on top until the talent is ready?

I don't really watch Ice Ribbon from the perspective of "the person who has the Infinity title leads the promotion" inasmuch as I do from watching from the perspective of "how is everyone's journey developing". I really think if you watch like that, it will be a better way to look at things.

For example, when I watch Kaho Matsushita's match each show, I think "oh, what will Kaho learn with this match and how will she apply it to her next match". That way, when she learns things like the Falcon Arrow, it's a genuinely refreshing surprise and I feel a lot of enthusiasm and joy for Kaho that she's learning new moves to add to her arsenal. I get to see this wrestler grow in real time and it's really cool, and I feel like if I'm watching the show top-down I'd miss out.

Or I get to see Saran becoming progressively frustrated with losing, and how she lashes out because she just wants to win for once, so she smashes her opponents with forearms after the match is over. Then she finally wins a match from time to time and it's like... heck yeah, Saran, you finally won a match, you little brat. Then she runs away from Maika Ozaki because the Infinity title tournament has a rule that if it goes to a draw, the wrestler with the lesser experience advances, and she realizes if she runs away she can run out the clock and advance on a draw, and I realize this kid is a smart rascal that will be a handful once she gets the proper experience. And again... I feel like I'd miss that if I was just watching the show top-down.

But I'm not answering your question.

I predicted a Makoto over Totoro Satsuki final in the tournament, and I'll stick to it. It's not a reliance on freelancers, so to speak, it's because Makoto is awesome and if you need someone to be in the main event to give Ibuki Hoshi and Asahi a great champion to chase until you're ready to put the belt on either of them, she's a fantastic option.

I will say it's not so much a matter of a roster member or two "stepping up" to replace Tsukka or Tsukushi. Nobody really can do that. Instead, they're learning how to be themselves, and we get to watch them learn how to become that, and I think that's probably what will be far more enjoyable than any Infinity title match.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

I appreciate the analysis and advice. I do tend to watch for development and story and not necessarily fixate on a champion or ace, but it just struck me as a topic of conversation considering the level of talent that has left the company. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, quackhell said:

I appreciate the analysis and advice. I do tend to watch for development and story and not necessarily fixate on a champion or ace, but it just struck me as a topic of conversation considering the level of talent that has left the company. 

Sure, I can understand that. I will say that, speaking personally, I've really enjoyed Ice Ribbon in 2022 much more than I did in 2021 or 2020. I'm sure that there will be some that will proclaim that my opinion is sour grapes due to the people that have left, but we're getting fresh matchups thanks to the increased freelancer presence and more time on shows for the younger talent to develop. I don't know if we would be seeing Kaho, for example, improving at the rapid rate she's been if the roster maintained the 2021 status quo.

Tsukka hasn't even left, really. She's still around at shows while she's on hiatus. Apparently she's the ticket taker for dojo shows now. That must be quite a treat!

5Y4qtyE.jpg

I don't shill my own stuff in here, because that's tacky, but I got in my order from the official Hana Kimura Memorial Online Shop today. I got doubles of a few things for friends that didn't know how to/didn't want to go through the hassle of using a shipping service. Just about everything is still in stock and priced very reasonably, only downside is that they don't ship internationally so outside Japan there is an additional hoop to jump through. Still, lots of quality Hana items and the money made from it goes to good causes. The shop link is https://bungabunga.thebase.in/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Stardom

Hide contents

Tamu vs Natsupoi in a cage as well soon.

Was surprised they went with more than one cage match. This one at least has some bad blood behind it though it still feels weird to see the cage route used when it hasn't been a focus. 

card for the next Prominence show. Akane Fujita vs Kohei Sato, Chris Brookes & Risa Sera vs Toshiyuki Sakuda & Miyacoco, Hibiscus Mii & Yuki Miyazaki vs Natsumi Miyagi & Miss Mongol for the WAVE Tag Titles, Suzu Suzuki vs Violento Jack, & Orca Uto vs Super Hardcore Machine 

Kohaku.jpg?ssl=1

Really enjoying this years Catch The Wave tournament in Pro Wrestling WAVE. Loving the variety of matches provided by the different blocks(Comical, Hardcore, Future, Strong Arm and Kicking) A standout for me is Kohaku in the Future block. Like her look, in ring style and energy.

From Purolove

Stardom "STARDOM FIGHT IN THE TOP 2022 ~ NAGOYA TOP BATTLE", 26.06.2022
Nagoya International Conference Hall

- 3 Way Battle: Unagi Sayaka vs. Waka Tsukiyama vs. Ruaka
- Saya Iida & Momo Kohgo vs. Lady C & Miyu Amasaki
- Himeka vs. Mina Shirakawa
- Artist of Stardom Title, 3 Way Elimination Match: Momo Watanabe, Starlight Kid & Saki Kashima (c) vs. Giulia, Maika & Mai Sakurai vs. Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei
- Singles Match 1st - Cage Match: Tam Nakano vs. Natsupoi
- Cage Match: Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki & Koguma vs. Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani & AZM

Stardom, 28.06.2022
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

- 5★STAR GP Qualifying League - Block A: Momo Kohgo vs. Rina
- 5★STAR GP Qualifying League - Block B: Saya Iida vs. Hina
- 5★STAR GP Qualifying League - Block B: Mai Sakurai vs. Ruaka
- Future of Stardom Title: Hanan (c) vs. Tomoka Inaba 
- Starlight Kid vs. Waka Tsukiyama
- Captain's Fall Unit Competition 4 Way Match: Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei vs. Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death★ vs. Giulia, Maika & Himeka vs. Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki & Koguma
- Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM & Lady C vs. Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka, SAKI  & Hikari Shimizu 
- Singles Match 2nd: Tam Nakano vs. Natsupoi

There been cage matches in the past for Japanese groups. Will have to see if the women will work either athletically show-womanish or brawl based.

Edited by Blue Dragon