DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

14 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The new Stardom Rookie got into Pro Wres because of DragonGate

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/852927

Himeka pretty much was female Jumbo before she dropped that stuff. She did the Jumbo Knee in AJPW years ago. She brought up Stardom doesn't really have an ace.

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/853026

"Himeka herself was surprised at the "beauty sense" of the players after joining STARDOM.

"It's all amazing. They are particular about cosmetics, shampoo, and rinse, and they go to beauty salons many times. I am getting inspired not only by their wrestling matches but also in that aspect. I used to think I should go to the beauty salon once every 2 or 3 months, but now I go twice a month. They also make new ring gears so quickly. For other promotions, it's like, "a new gear for a big match once a year," but STARDOM has big matches every month, so there's a lot of opportunity to make new gears. I'm a slow person, and I've been wearing this gear for a year. Please look forward to my next title match ...... "

Wonder how much of this is from Bushiroad and how much of this sense was there before the purchase. 

Bit of both. The girls and Stardom. Some women leaving exacerbated it.

Results

Waka has new gear. Himeka too.

Spoiler

MIRAI won the the Cinderella. 

SAKI, Hikari Shimizu, Rina Amikura & Yuko Sakurai of Colors will face Cosmic Angels.

AZM retained her title.

Syuri beat Himeka. Syuri nominated Risa Sera as next.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Bit of both. The girls and Stardom. Some women leaving exacerbated it.

Results

Waka has new gear. Himeka too.

Hide contents

MIRAI won the the Cinderella. 

SAKI, Hikari Shimizu, Rina Amikura & Yuko Sakurai of Colors will face Cosmic Angels.

AZM retained her title.

Syuri beat Himeka. Syuri nominated Risa Sera as next.

Spoiler

Rina Amikura interacting with Mina Shirakawa should be a ridiculous amount of fun.

Asahi's been slowly debuting new moves to build herself up for her match against Tsukushi Haruka on 5/4, but um, I don't think anybody called her having a Cancun Tornado in her moveset. She used it to beat Tsukushi in a trios match at Korakuen Hall today. Whaaaaaaa.

Also, Kyuri came back in an exhibition match, teaming with Maika Ozaki against the Dropkickers, and said she missed wrestling, so it looks like she'll be back on a limited basis. Much rejoicing!

Also from today's Ice Ribbon show, COLOR'S went against a hoss team of Yuna Manase, Totoro Satsuki, Maika Ozaki, and Yappy, which led to this fantastic picture thanks to Totoro's twitter.

It says a lot when Yappy (who literally has her "BIG ASS!" pointed out during her ring intro) is the smallest person in the picture! Not to mention Rina Amikura was also in the match, and Rina Yamashita and Makoto were on the show too.

Ice Ribbon, please give me a hoss battle royale. I don't ask for much.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:32 AM, DEAN said:

Jiminy Crickets, what the fuck is going on?!

This moment was scary as hell and I was amazed AZM was able to save herself and the spot. The Highspeed match was easily my favorite on the show which overall felt a bit underwhelming to be honest.

• Like 2